retro bike app?

• yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

redhat

Dirt Disciple
i want a retro bike app on my phone with push notifications the lot will this happen. anyone else?

I have entered my gmail address on my CP here. Any PM or reply to a watched topic, and I get an email.
Not sure if Apple has invented push notifications yet, but with an Android it's easy enough to stay up-to-date.

Raging_Bulls":2jekn5di said:
I have entered my gmail address on my CP here. Any PM or reply to a watched topic, and I get an email.
Not sure if Apple has invented push notifications yet, but with an Android it's easy enough to stay up-to-date.

Same on Apple, I get email each time a new post to a watched topic.

NO need for an app, what on earth would it do that the mobile version of RB does already?

An app for apps sake is pointless. They generally do less than a full site and if you have email notifications set up, what else would you expect it to do? Responsive design is all that's needed, but even then its not really needed for rb as, and this is not a criticism, its not a complicated site.

Since the reboot this site looks fine on my iPhone and I can subscribe to threads I want updates on. Don't see the point of an app.

Raging_Bulls":5hhv2pmp said:

Nuff said.

Subscribe to the RSS feed and have that in your box/ticker etc... On android I have subscribed via Google feed whatsits and then have it on a widget showing new posts.
I don't take any notice if it normally though.
There are many other ways of course to use the RSS feeds.

I believe enabling apps is just a matter of dropping the right config script in the right phpbb directory.

There are plenty of third party apps that work with phpBB that these forums run on.

I'd like to see it - if only to see if its better than the mobile site.

Go on, make me feel old. All my phone does is ....well, PHONE people (altho' I have progressed (?) to these 'ere text things). Oh for the days when only the few had telephones - and shared lines at that!

Back