I wish I had only had boys..

REKIBorter":1vewo3tc said:
My son, who is autistic, plays the same dvds over and over again. Very rarely do we get a fresh addition to the rota. This weeks favourites have been - Toy Story 1 & 2, Polar Express, Cirque du Solais - La Nouba. After seeing (listening) to each one several times a day it does get a bit tedious. The only time we get to watch something of our choice is when he has gone to bed.

i think i have watched Polar Express around 20-30 times (over the christmas period). I know nothing about children who are autistic, but have you tried introducing UP?
to behonest, that isn't a bad selection - Polar express (although a little creepy) is pretty layered with loads of hidden messages.
Toy Story 1 & 2 (& 3)- nuff said. can't think of a better trilogy (of that genre).
dont know about the Cirque du Solais...

anyway, i could be spouting useless crap here, so apologies in advance!

we have one boy and we have another on the way - Gender TBC upon arrival ;)
i can see the plus side to having boys only, but a girl would mean at least the mrs would have some way of indulging in her hobbies with her offspring :) Theo (2 years old) has had his nails painted once. ONCE. however, he helped me fit some tyres to my rims yesterday and loves his new balance bike :)

When my son was 6/7 he became obsessed with Toy Story 1, watching it over and over again, unfortunately I was suffering morning sickness at the time I began to associate the film with sickness and just the sound of the theme tune was enough to have me rushing to the toilet

Many, many, many years ago, when Betamax and VHS were still fighting for the video tape market, my daughter was small and my Father in Law offered to put a few of her favourite TV programmes on tape. I reluctantly agreed, but stipulated just a couple of programmes.

Several days later, and having spent hours with his two players and his mixing machine, my FiL proudly delivered two tapes, each had three hours solid TV :shock: :facepalm:

Needless to say, we thanked him kindly and then carefully rationed out her time in front of the TV.

When she was 12, unless it was pouring with rain, we would hardly see her and her brother during school holidays, they were far too busy finding places to SK8. I guess there are some advantages of living in a sea side town.

Logic.Al":1q3ct3jj said:
Thats the one. I don't remember the cartoons I watched at the age of 11 being quite so shouty. Although all I watched cartoonwise was Transformers, Pole Position, Mysterious Cities of gold, Ulysses 31, He-man (which I admit was quite shouty) and Visionaries.

I think I'm getting old :(

That's pretty much my cartoon tastes to a tee - throw in Jamie and his Magic Torch and you're spot on! Funnily enough I was watching Ulysses on youtube the other day, the animation hasn't aged well but the story and how it is told is still magic, quite haunting. Today's cartoons seem to be all surface and no feeling, five minutes of spongebob and my eyes and ears feel like they have been raped.

Back