RetroRoadRide Series 2013 - Rd 1: Gospel Pass Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afraid this isn't to be my first RetroRoadRide, simply haven't got enough saddle time to be happy that I won't be a liability! I wil beout on a sympathy ride in the Peaks though.

Gutted to miss three courses!

Hope it's a great day out and sets the tone for the series :cool:

It's been a struggle but I've managed to get an appropriate bike ready for tomorrow's ride. I say ready as I haven't test ridden it yet. Hoping to get a short loop done this afternoon.

Anyway, if all goes well I'll be bringing along a circa 1984 Swinnerton complete with freshly fitted Campagnolo Victory mechs, and a 42-25 low gear.

I'm lacking miles in my legs too but I won't let that stop me.

I am having some car problems and I wondered if anyone might be able to help me get to/from the ride? I am based in Cheltenham, perhaps I could ride somewhere close if that helped?

Hopefully the car will come back from the garage in one piece today but I just want to see what my alternatives are at the mo'. Many thanks.

I've not been out since last weekend so I think I'm going to feel it !

Still debating whether to go for the Cinelli with a lowest gear of 39-27 but is really a resto-mod rather than a proper vintage bike or be a hard man and bring my Peugeot which has 40-23 as its easiest ratio.

Thoroughly ashamed to say i cant make it :(

I laugh in the face of inclement weather and hills but breathing problems is a different thing altogether...

Sorry guys, i hope you all have a great ride and Dave will have to wait till March for the gift i have for 'the man who has everything' :)

Have a good one.

Karl

Bike packed in the boot plus kit ready for the 06.30 set off. M6 should be quiet at that time though.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss out this weekend....and not get to use my new 13-28 cassette...or see Steve's vitus in all it's glory.
Had some interest in the house so need to look for somewhere to move to sharpish this weekend.

Went out for a spin this morning....icicle on the drinks bottle....honest!!! Didn't feel that cold though, strangely.

Have a good ride everyone......I'll think of you as we are being drowned with "good sized bedrooms", "potential", "catchment area for ofsted recommended schools", blah, blah, blah!

bobbinogs":38cklvaq said:
I am having some car problems and I wondered if anyone might be able to help me get to/from the ride? I am based in Cheltenham, perhaps I could ride somewhere close if that helped?

Hopefully the car will come back from the garage in one piece today but I just want to see what my alternatives are at the mo'. Many thanks.

Ride all sorted, many thanks to Daj. See you tomorrow folks.

well after a evening of Hell sorting things that should take about half hour I am now ready for the onslaught !! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back