Curtlo Advanced Mountaineer frame

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Due to my spotting something rare and lush, this frame is up for sale for the bargain price of £260 inc UK postage.
True Temper OX platinum throughout, fillet brazed by the legendary Doug Curtis up in the back of beyond of Washington State, this frame builds into an XC bike that twists and turns, climbs and drops though the woods like a squirrel with a Scotch bonnet suppository.
The frame is big, 21" seat tube, c-t and 23.25" top tube, c-c actual, 24" effective. 1 1/8" head tube and 27.2mm (with shim) seat tube. There are two sets of bottle mounts, rack mounts and a pump peg for a proper size pump.( I wish I had a big pump with me on Sunday; I came across two roadies trying to w*nk a skinny tube into firmness with a space age pocket pump. I asked if they needed help. They told me to f*ck off! Nice! I could have waved a 24incher at them and done just that!).
The previous owner painted a red panel over the down tube decals in a bid to disguise the bike. Some of this has been removed, and it should be possible to T-cut the powderoat back to a shine, though there are a few rub marks and scratches so a new colour scheme might be in order. There are no dents, rust or other nasties though! The frame is solid and straight!

Attachments

• SAM_5635.JPG
    SAM_5635.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 732
  • SAM_5633.JPG
    SAM_5633.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 732
  • SAM_5632.JPG
    SAM_5632.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 732
  • SAM_5631.JPG
    SAM_5631.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 732
  • SAM_5630.JPG
    SAM_5630.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 732
  • SAM_5628.JPG
    SAM_5628.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 732
Re: Curtlo Advanced Mountaineer frame.

more...

Attachments

• SAM_5639.JPG
    SAM_5639.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 731
  • SAM_5640.JPG
    SAM_5640.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 731
  • SAM_5641.JPG
    SAM_5641.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 731
  • SAM_5642.JPG
    SAM_5642.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 731
  • SAM_5644.JPG
    SAM_5644.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 731

Super sweet :cool:

To put it into perspective this is a larger size that the last couple of steel HT frames I have owned and a bar far the lightest.

Roll on payday and or kidney selling ......

letmetalktomark":3i967x94 said:
Super sweet :cool:

To put it into perspective this is a larger size that the last couple of steel HT frames I have owned and a bar far the lightest.

Roll on payday and or kidney selling ......

Now they've stopped the kiddies eating horsemeat, they'll be back on the beef scrapings stuffed full of growth hormones.
You'll soon stop feeling like a freak!

being familiar with suppositries (once only i hasten to add) and scotch bonnet peppers, your metaphor has left me grimacing for 15 minutes so far :shock:

What length of shock or travel would be appropriate for this frame?

mrkawasaki":2w21ibd6 said:
What length of shock or travel would be appropriate for this frame?

I've run 80mm and 100mm. 80mm makes it a bit more fidgety than I like, but 100 mm is spot on!

Sorry about the delay in responding; the thread reply notification seems to have gone awol...

I starting to think this frame could work nicely with drop bars...

mrkawasaki":aqjqq95b said:
I starting to think this frame could work nicely with drop bars...

:cool: Indeed! It's a 145mm headtube so it won't be showing a stack of spacers and the kinky rear end will balance nicely the wierdness of dirt drops.

Back