Cycle insurance?

daj":3mh9df1i said:
Hmmmm I have to disagree if I trash the cervelo with new wheels like for like replacement for just frame/fork and wheels is 3.6k.

Not sure if you brought it new Dave, but these days they want proof of purchase and the bikes have to be under five years old, certainley the two or three companies I looked at.

theredchili":39qzfs0c said:
daj":39qzfs0c said:
Hmmmm I have to disagree if I trash the cervelo with new wheels like for like replacement for just frame/fork and wheels is 3.6k.

Not sure if you brought it new Dave, but these days they want proof of purchase and the bikes have to be under five years old, certainley the two or three companies I looked at.

brought new under a year from purchase , I have decided to go for it through British cycling insurance. esp now be fate if I dont :LOL: :LOL:

12 months cover for both , Theft has to be a forced entry and need a gold band lock but its accident damage I am wanting. If I throw it down the road and its broken (not cosmetic but stops it functioning) then its a new for new straight replacement. Receipts need to be proven to as you said. :D

daj":295ellrf said:
12 months cover for both , Theft has to be a forced entry and need a gold band lock but its accident damage I am wanting. If I throw it down the road and its broken (not cosmetic but stops it functioning) then its a new for new straight replacement. Receipts need to be proven to as you said. :D

That's a better deal than they quoted me 12 months ago,will give tem another ring and see what they say this time.

Give them a Call , I sorted it out this evening. Had a good old chat with them giving all sorts of scenarios and what is covered. VERY happy with the accident cover provided. Even though I brought my wheels 2nd hand if I trash them they replace with full retail value :D

Paid £303 for 4k cover including Flanders trip.

Unless it's compulsory insurance should be avoided at all costs. It's a scam for the weak minded.

My Klein used to live in my last flat. Both were uninsured. Unfortunately my current flat is factored so insurance is part of the payment I can't split.

You could buy a decent bike every year with the £300. Wouldn't take long to reach the crossover with the falling value of an equivalent new bike, and you'd have something (lots of things) to show for your money. Or to sell in the (statistically unlikely) event you would otherwise have to make a claim.

I would estimate I have saved close to £10000 since I left home by not buying insurance for houses, contents, phones, bikes, life and the occasional car.

Back