1990 Klein Attitude 22" XL

Re: Big Klein for Big Men... XL Attitude

feetabix":3iyvwpe7 said:
nice job craig, it looks lovely!.......the flite/xt/m231 thing looks spot on, although a polished crank would be my route.......ive never got bored of mine, i hope you find the same........ :D

I have had my Backfire for 20 years now (it's a S 19" as I am 5'10) and I too have never got bored of it, of all the things I have had/got, apart from the wife and kids of course, it's the one thing I could never let go, it will be handed down through my will!

chiswickcollectables":2u50o5m4 said:
Wheels on....

DSCN3255_zpsf69ce124.jpg

Looking good... :cool:

BTW, my vote goes for the silver cranks too.

Thanks for the comments and crank feedback. I have a set of silver M730 cranks that I plan to polish up when I have the time but for now I've installed these black one's and I think they rather suit. I've also added cables and derailleurs. Gonna have to put it down for a while now as back to work tomorrow. Hopefully should have it fully ride-able soon :cool:

DSCN3274_zps7b5c5020.jpg

Looks great and as you say for a big un it does not look it !

black XT M730 cranks are to die for :cool:

Are you gunna ride it Mayhem this year ?

Gravy Monster":zm2425ta said:
Looks great and as you say for a big un it does not look it !

black XT M730 cranks are to die for :cool:

Are you gunna ride it Mayhem this year ?
I'll definitely bring it, whether or not I have the bottle to race is it another question. Got horrible images in my head of those forks going 'CRACK' :evil:

al-onestare":zm2425ta said:
I'm super curious to know how she rides - I'm fed up of all the tiny Kleins - we need more whoppers! (Mainly so I can find out if there're worth it for us taller retrobikers).
I'll be reporting back after the first ride ;)

I like it. Black XT cranks are a nice change for once since everyone else does silver (including me).

Only gripe is that it needs a proper Turbo saddle. First year 1990 Attitude predates a Flite...and by the looks of it, thats a reissue Flite. Otherwise fully rad!

rumpfy":uqs3466q said:
I like it. Black XT cranks are a nice change for once since everyone else does silver (including me).

Only gripe is that it needs a proper Turbo saddle. First year 1990 Attitude predates a Flite...and by the looks of it, thats a reissue Flite. Otherwise fully rad!

Question... how do you date a saddle? I should know this :oops:

I've never actually ridden a Flite which is another embarrassing fact. My saddle of choice is the rather hefty Avocet Gelflex :)

I think I am right in saying first Flite was 1991, date of manufacture is formed on the small bridge section underneath at the front where the two rails are attached, thats for Flites anyway.

Avocet was the 1990 spec saddle on Kleins, see 90 catalogue.

Not sure on dating other saddles, hope that helps abit.

Cheers for the info Ash. Yeh I think I remember in one of the original catalogue poses the Team was rockin' a Gelflex. I've got one still in its packaging in the garage so I might see what it looks like on the gate. Personally I love the old Avocet Gelflex but there's a lot that don't.... they're certainly not very popular on RB :(

Back