What I should have been riding today

glpinxit

Retro Guru
Today, I should have been out for the monthly ride with my local coffee, cake and bike shop - the HuB, Redbourn (hubcoffeebikes.com or @thehubmeister22) riding this. As it was I was forbidden by the Doc as i'm suffering with a chest infection so I trued these wheels instead (which is a palaver as tyres, tubes and rim tape all have to come off).
After a number of years not riding regularly I built the bike for the London to Brighton last year (hence its name - 'The L2B Real Steel Special'). It is based around a Reynolds 531C frameset - originally 'Ribble' branded (I included a 'Ribble' decal behind the seat post in the same style as the main down-tube). Campagnolo Chorus 8 speed ergo groupset and I think everything else is pretty obvious.
Size is 58.5cm and I must be an odd shape because the right Campy aero seatposts aren't long enough for me - can't remember what this seatpost is but it took a while to find it. The 130mm Cinelli stem looks odd but fits me just fine. (I am about 5Ft 11ish with long legs).
Cheers, Guy.

Attachments

• 17Feb2013Bike1.JPG
    17Feb2013Bike1.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 921
Piers":37q3z375 said:
Very nice. My favourite colour for a bike.
Yes, chosen because my bike was that colour in my teens. It is "Candy Apple Red" which starts with a sparkle silver coat followed by layers of transparent red lacquer until the desired colour is reached.

Edited end to add:- And thank you for taking the time to say so.

I like that. The only thing I would change is get some gum wall tires on it, but that's my personal preference. Stem looks fine, not excessive for a frame that size.

nice! looks like a real trojon horse with those shamals. A '00' lightning with,is hoped a Euro fighter engine.
a carbon busting comfort machine ! only trouble is when you get to ditchling the shear masses get in the way.

Back