Marin Mount Vision Pro

MTBMike

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,
please could anyone help identify the age of my trusty Mount Vision Pro?
I suspect it's a 2001 model, but all the pics I can find of around that era have a different rear swing arm.
Also, can anyone confirm what rear travel it has, I think it's 100mm, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Attachments

• 07a3_1.jpg
    07a3_1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,261
Can't get a good look at the pic as it won't open any larger for me, but looks like a '97 or 98 to me - I've got a 98 Marin Mount Vision (not Pro) and it's got disc brakes - can't see any sign of disc brakes on yours, so maybe a 97 unless there's any sign of the mounts on the rear swing arm? (or could be an older swing arm fitted)

Is this any better?

DSC00129.jpg

It's evolved quite a bit whilst in my ownership, but it's the frame/swingarm I'm confused about.....

Thanks very much Al.
I actually prefer riding this to my Turner 5 Spot!!!!!

I reckon the Marin is newer than that that though, but would like confirmation.
Anyone out there know for sure???

Deffo it a 1997 version as these were silver...mine was as was my mates.

It's definitely an early one because of the disc mount. Looks in great condition.

old_coyote_pedaller":1ob7jl1e said:
It looks to me that a '99/'00 frame has had a later 2001/2 frame suspension arm fitted.
Have a look on Bikepedia and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for the comments on the bikes condition, it still gets used twice a week for about 40 miles (not each!).

Old Coyote Pedaller, I thought it was Circa 2000, due to the rear swing arm.
Bikepedia does show it as a 1999, but with the red rear arm.
I think you've nailed it with the the 1999 front, and later rear. Maybe it's previous owner had a replacement?

Thanks all.

The original Mk I swingarms had a nasty habit of cracking just between the swingarm and the pivot. (as did mine..) So it's likely that the swingarm was replaced. Marin were (& are!) doing these under warranty provided you still had the original receipt!
Mark I has tubular upper brace, so this is a later swingarm - the 2001 swingarm. Anyone know where they put the serial numbers on the front triangle? Might give a clue!

Back