Diamondback bike - unkown model. Can anyone identify?

Matt87

Dirt Disciple
Not certain if this is quite the right section, so mods feel free to move if there's a more appropriate sub-forum for this.

Picked up the pictured (apologies for the crap camera phone shot!) bike the other day for not a lot with the intention of pinching a few bits for a couple of project bikes (I've taken off most of the bits I wanted, as you can see), but the previous owner didn't have much of an idea as to what it is, just that he 'thought' it was a Diamondback.

Looking at the layout of the frame and the fact that it only has a single ring crank, I wondered if it was perhaps a downhill or jump bike or something like that. The frame even looks a little reminiscent of some of Diamondback's BMX bikes. As it's been resprayed at some point, there's not anything like a model name on the bike anywhere.

Can anyone on here help identify the model?

Attachments

• photo(19).JPG
    photo(19).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 677
After much googling I'm starting to see a likeness between this and the Diamondback Bandito (below). However, by the looks of it the Bandito is a single speed and has no rear mech hanger, which my frame does, so I'm still stuck...

EDIT: Just found out that despite being sold as a singlespeed, the Bandito does actually have a rear mech hanger, so unless anyone is able to tell me different, I think what I have is most likely one of these bikes.

1710.jpg

saltyman":2auhvwh3 said:
Rear drop outs are different though
Ah, so they are. That's irritating, looks so similar (to me, anyway) that I thought I'd found the mystery bike. The plan is to flog the frame, so I'd rather like to find out what it is before I put it up for sale

Just spotted a Pashley 26mhz over on Bike Radar, looks awfully similar, even has the GT-esque protruding top tube my mystery frame has.

Thoughts?

gallery_42_1016_2453.jpg

That looks more like it.

Is the frame number still visible? Maybe a quick email may be able to confirm it is definitely o e.

Mindmap3":2ynse67c said:
That looks more like it.

Is the frame number still visible? Maybe a quick email may be able to confirm it is definitely o e.
Yep, there's a pic of it below along with a couple more shots of the frame. Might drop Pashley an email, perhaps they'd be able to give me some idea of the age too. I'm guessing it's one of the earlier ones judging by the lack of disc mount. Anyone have any idea how much these frames usually go for? Not expecting a huge amount for it, just want to price it right.

JuozS2aH.jpg

3LA3tuXg.jpg

iRVKuHNw.jpg

Back