Is the spirit of Karma dead?

MRGRUMPY":1t6jwred said:
If you sent something to someone,free of charge on here,in a karma-type deal,then this item appeared on E-bay,would you be miffed? :x :x

I thinks this is wrong and certainly not in the spirit of RB Karma

I have taken a few 'karma' things, a couple of which i have decided not to use on my build. These will be offered to RB members, i would never ebaty them :!:

this comes up every now and again

there are two schools of thought..I personally would be dissapointed if I karma'd something out and in short time it was up for sale. I would rather they returned it or karma'd it back out. I certianly would remove that person from any future list of karma that i offered..for me it breaks the karma intent and wish

the other side is..you didn't want something so gave it away and the minute you give it away then it's upto the new owner what they do with it

there is an element to both thoughts and it is very much as the karma giver as to which one you feel is best suits you when you karma should you do so

i don't think the spirit of karma is dead ..i just think sometimes the receivers of it forget what it is

I would never consider selling anything Karma'd to me. It's by the by, but I thought you could be banned from the forum for it. I'd karma it on if I no longer needed it

its not really on is it, is there some guidance for karma items? it may be that newer members simply dont know its poor form.

we could always take it in turns to bid them up to a gazillion pounds :twisted: :twisted:

Yes Jussa,I think it is!!
Not really a problem for me,except that I would not do it,but each to their own I guess.

MRGRUMPY":x5pmkrlt said:
Yes Jussa,I think it is!!
Not really a problem for me,except that I would not do it,but each to their own I guess.

Not so good mate what ever way you look at it :( well the Karma Gods work in mysterious ways so what goes around comes around........

the karma system only runs well with the best of intentions from all involved.......i enjoy giving bits away to those that want them, its good for the soul!.......those that recieve them should honour that intention with gratitude, a pm to say they have arrived, and by putting the part to good use!......those that offer karma'd parts should post them as promised, the recipient will likely have a build waiting on them, and it feels uncomfortable to ask if karma offered has been posted 3 weeks after the offer was made with no arrival....... :D

the regulars here all know who takes an active part in the system and can be relied on...... ;)

What timescale are we talking, days, weeks, months?

Personally, it's happened to me (4x4 parts) and i don't think it's cricket. Jussa, just be safe in the knowledge that you have higher moral standards!!

PM the fella towards this thread, see what reply you get, then, if you still feel narked, name and shame so that they don't get any more free bits!

Back