1993 Specialized Rockhopper Comp

i12ride

Dirt Disciple
Bought this new in 1993 and been riding it ever since. It is setup for touring at the moment since I have several othe HT and FS bikes for offroad. This came with 46/36/28 setup so I went with 12/25 road cassette for touring. Has ergo grips now and also has XT 7 spd rapidfire/servo wave brk lvr combo. Rest of drivetrain is original LX. Had purple Ringle hubset until the spoke collar on rear hub cracked recently so relaced up the original LX hubset to new hoops.............

0cdb2d49_RHC_10.jpeg

3c189323_RHC_02.jpeg

b1592046_RHC_01.jpeg

2d2d75eb_RHC_08.jpeg

b5632cf3_RHC_09.jpeg

034e2438_RHC_00.jpeg

Re: 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Comp

Brings back memories of my first mtn bike. Rockhopper comp bought around 1989-90. Grey with red letterings. got stolen a year later. :(

I have a Ringle anti-chainsuck device in purple if that interests you? ;)

Could be interested in the purple gadget. Any pics? I have some black thing that bolts to the chainstays down there but not sure if it's Ringle. Not even on the bike. This this isn't prone to too much chainsuck in touring mode, lol.

Also had a 1994 Rockhopper Comp FS that was gray with letters in white/red trim. It was gripshift. I sold it to a buddy since it was so much like the 1992 with it's Manitou 2 fork. Still have that fork with coil spring update replacing melted elastomers but just left the original fork on it since setting it up for touring.

Like that.

I have one of these. Always liked it. Also had from new.

It's a '93 by the way.

Bought it in late 92, guess that's why I keep thinking it was 92. 1993 it is then............title fixed

That's a nice bike :)
Had same group set on my Raleigh Peak.
Also had the purple bits too.
Well done.

Back