99 Specialized FSR Ground Control Brakes

Just done a 28 mile ride around the coast with the missus, brake adapter worked a treat, a proper fit and forget part :)

Not as much meat on the solid axle as i would have liked!

But it seams to be doing the job (10mm x 175mm axle)

20120408_124540.jpg

Bike feels a little less flexy on the back end as well which is a bonus, just need to remember to take a 15mm spanner out with me when i take the FSR instead of the Boardman :LOL:

that does look rather splendid! slightly off subject, but what gear setup you got? are you 2 x 9 /10?

Erm, 3 x 8 IIRC :LOL:

Whatever the stock bike had, although its not the original crank, and i replaced the cassette, i still run the original XT rear mech (just replaced the jockey wheels) and the original LX front mech.

To be honest i LOVE the 2 x 10 setup on my Boardman, its just a load less "faff" to use, but i would not replace it all on the FSR just for the sake of it, maybe if the rear mech fell apart but i cant see that happening soon.

Stuff was made better in the olden days!

Hi banksy,

An a2z adaptor will work, i have 1 on my fsr and it works great although if i roll back on my bike with the rear brake on it slips backwards apart from that it works great.

krist420":1trk8ymu said:
Hi banksy,

An a2z adaptor will work, i have 1 on my fsr and it works great although if i roll back on my bike with the rear brake on it slips backwards apart from that it works great.
fit a p-clip to the top bolt of a2z and round the stay
that should stop it moving when you roll back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-MIKALOR- ... 20c0a25a34

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
bigmick":39xtxwax said:
krist420":39xtxwax said:
Hi banksy,

fit a p-clip to the top bolt of a2z and round the stay
that should stop it moving when you roll back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-MIKALOR- ... 20c0a25a34

The support bar for the calliper doesn't fit fsr's in standard fitment so have to be modified which i'm actually in the process of doing at the mo, instead of p clips i used ball a swivel joints.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Old post!

Since i posted on this thread, i have stripped the 98 GC down, transferring everything onto my 99 Elite, the Onza adapter still works perfectly, although i did manage to track down a 10mm x 185mm solid axle on ebay which is nigh on perfect size wise for 2 x 15mm track nuts to bolt the thing down.

I would still swap it for a proper Sharkfin adapter only because i would like the original part that is supposed to be fitted to the Elite FSR, but i would never pay more than the cost of an Onza adapter for it :)

I wonder how easy it would be to weld the Onza adapter onto the dropout, i have a spare seatstay i could experiment but i dont have much time at the moment.

Sharkfins are pretty rare, and if you do find one going, chances are it'll be about double what you payed for the Onza. (Unless you get lucky)

Back