Riding the Thames Path between Richmond and Vauxhall..?

RobMac":3nhexnvn said:
RobMac":3nhexnvn said:
Lee I could ask on the CTC site they would know :?
There you :)
"From the London Cycle Route maps ( available free and ordered through the Transport for London web site) this looks to be about 14 miles so at 10mph you will do it 1.4 hours."

On a flat river path 10mph is a very pedestrian, enjoying the scenery sort of speed. Of course it's different for everyone, bearing in mind the length of distance planned I'd assume a reasonable level of fitness to start with, I'd say on a commuter bike with sensible tyres for city use 14mph would be the order of the day on a flat path.

gtRTSdh":1thdp4ga said:
RobMac":1thdp4ga said:
RobMac":1thdp4ga said:
"From the London Cycle Route maps ( available free and ordered through the Transport for London web site) this looks to be about 14 miles so at 10mph you will do it 1.4 hours."

On a flat river path 10mph is a very pedestrian, enjoying the scenery sort of speed. Of course it's different for everyone, bearing in mind the length of distance planned I'd assume a reasonable level of fitness to start with, I'd say on a commuter bike with sensible tyres for city use 14mph would be the order of the day on a flat path.

No! No! Your missing the point.
The above is for reference only.

RobMac":35f4wic7 said:
RobMac":35f4wic7 said:

Danke Schoen :D

Back