hardtail mtb for £800 on cycletowork scheme help me choose!

Re: hardtail mtb for £800 on cycletowork scheme help me cho

To be honest, there are good and bad bike shops, just like good and bad halfords. My local bike shop is ace, but he openly admits he has to sell BSOs to be able to stock "decent" bikes, anyway, they seem to be even cheaper now at £450! On the Cycle to work scheme that's even cheaper

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 0595778804

Just been looking at the Voodoo, looks like great value, especially nice frame. Any experience out there of the suntour fork?

Not had any personal experience but from what I've read its better than the forks on other bikes at a similar price. They won't set the world on fire,but reckon they'll last you a while.

Thanks. So it's looking like a good option, I can't really see the advantage in spending another 300 quid for what appears to be little advantage on the face of it.

SIMONFREESE":1dr7jr6s said:
Amazed at the spec of that last BMC...I'm waiting for the admin to be sorted out at work so am assuming that there will only be 2013 models left! Thanks for looking, if that last BMC is still available I could be tempted!

Buy the BNC and hang the lot on the frame of your choice, selling this frame to help pay for it.
I dont think the scheme cares what you do once you pay for it :?

The only downside to that is its not your bike. You company own it and rents it to you and gives you the choice of paying a final fee at the end if the first, second or third year but they don't have to. They could ask for the bike back because they don't have to pass it on to you at the end.

I personally wouldn't do that just in case.

I work in a small company with only 30 employees and have a good relationship with the owner, so I could be clear from the start on this idea. The idea is to buy the bike from the company so this shoule be fine in theory...

Fair enough. Are you setting up your own scheme or signing up to one of the recognised ones?

If its the later you do sign a contract with them saying that you won't sell the bike etc. Whether or not you'll actually get caught out or not I'm not sure.

Back