Alternative 1986 mechs and chainsets

lrh":1fgt0iys said:
Mid-80s Sakae and Sugino catalogues here: http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/index.html

But those "keyhole" crank caps make any chainset look old school. Love these huge drilled rings:

Thats just hours of filth right there.

Anyway. 'proper' mid 80's chainset first - if you have anything alternative to the big S - let me know.

I already have a 'Red S' chainset but am looking for maybe one or two more from that era.

Mexchs and shifters I can give or take right now as I just cannot leave indexing alone.

Cranks; CBR (early solid ones), Specialized flag. Diacomp brakes, levers, Suntour XC everything. Phil Wood, Hi-E, WTB hubs. CK, Specialized headsets.

Hueret, TA, Mountech probably a little dated by this time.

Hi lgf, a better pic of my drillium,
IMAG1662.jpg

I've been looking at a lot of early touring/atb cranks on ebay recently for the same reason, some really freaky stuff out there, just picked up an early (84/5?) ammaco atb with a sugino cast alloy one piece triple thingy, the more I look at it the more it grows on me but I imagine one good stone or branch will destroy them,
Im going seeing my local bike breaker tomoz (where my drillium came from) if theres anything that stands out I will pm you,
Lee.

p.s watch out with the french stuff as the non drive side I got with the above had a different pedal size than the normal 9/16's? thread. soon sorted though (ebay),
also the stronglights are a road type crank with a built in converter on the middle ring to accept the granny ring.

Latest posts

Back