BoTM Feb 13 'Restoration Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
the answer is simple here, if you dont think a bike is a restoration, don't vote for it.
we could argue forever what defines a retoration.
i dont care myself, if i like a bike i'll vote for it.
i'd like a bit less hot air & more bikes in these threads.
then everyone can enjoy them.

I hope this falls in to the restoration camp, I know the pictures are not great but here it is my 1984 S & G Cycles, Muddy Fox.

The restorastion thread ;) is here, viewtopic.php?t=221662

And some nice pictures of the bike here.http://www.pinkbike.com/u/Brian07900/al ... -Fox-1983/

main.php

main.php

Taking a break from restoring (or repairing or rebuilding or renewing, open to debate!) the conservatory because it's getting so cold that I can no longer distinguish between the wood, the saw and ME, I've skimmed all this with interest. And amusement.

I think I shall ignore the question of definition in casting a vote - though some I would not call "restoration", which to me requires a fair degree of originality (the Elgin is thus most definitely NOT a restoration, whatever its merits).

Some nice bikes though!

videojetman":7gn4lppf said:
the answer is simple here, if you dont think a bike is a restoration, don't vote for it.
we could argue forever what defines a retoration.
i dont care myself, if i like a bike i'll vote for it.
i'd like a bit less hot air & more bikes in these threads.
then everyone can enjoy them.

Agree.

oneschnark":77eofben said:
oneschnark":77eofben said:
Salut,
Grove Hard Core 1989 /90
before and now
I need to repair: Fork and the Paint, and to replace some other things

Philippe

I know i will probably get burned at the stake for saying this out loud.....

and

Whilst i appreciate the craftsmanship/quality/history etc etc.....

Why does every Grove i Have ever seen remind me of a British BSO, that could be bought at Asda or Road User.....?

I dont know if its the tubing profiles the paint, or what, but next time you go to Asda check out the bikes, from a distance they dont look that different.

:oops: Sorry Carry on with the pointless debate ref the meaning of restoration. :facepalm:

sinnerman":13t55dcq said:
oneschnark":13t55dcq said:
oneschnark":13t55dcq said:
I know i will probably get burned at the stake for saying this out loud.....

and

Whilst i appreciate the craftsmanship/quality/history etc etc.....

Why does every Grove i Have ever seen remind me of a British BSO, that could be bought at Asda or Road User.....?

I dont know if its the tubing profiles the paint, or what, but next time you go to Asda check out the bikes, from a distance they dont look that different.

:oops: Sorry Carry on with the pointless debate ref the meaning of restoration. :facepalm:

You have made the mistake of looking at them from a distance. Groves can only truly be appreciated up close. Cunninghams should be viewed from a distance. :mrgreen:

[/quote]
You have made the mistake of looking at them from a distance. Groves can only truly be appreciated up close. Cunninghams should be viewed from a distance. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Perhaps, Perhaps Not.... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back