Kona Misser Replica original spec???

Logic.Al":xc5lees0 said:
The easy bits. M95* rear mech, brakes and levers. Bomber Z1's or Boxxers. The crank looks to be an M900 though. Stem looks like a control tech.

Seat post is a Controltech too, saddle looks to be an S.D.G. Xtr M950 v-brakes.

Obvious point is obvious but the decals differ as well 96 vs 97. So, if it's a 97 model, go jungle, if 96 - half jungle half not.

ControlTech Stem and Seat Post
SDG Saddle
Bomber Z1s
XTR 950 Brakes and Rear Mech
XTR RH Shifter
XTR 950 Hubs
XTR 900 Crank & Ring (although if it was me I'd go for the 950 for continuity)
?Mavic D521 Rims?
IRC Kujo Tyres
?XT SPDs?
Azonic Bars (2" rise by the looks of the bottom picture)

That should give you a good starting point. It won't be cheap to build, but at least all the bits are much more readily available than more exotic parts! ;)

Barneyballbags":2aml0rks said:
ControlTech Stem and Seat Post
SDG Saddle
Bomber Z1s
XTR 950 Brakes and Rear Mech
XTR RH Shifter
XTR 950 Hubs
XTR 900 Crank & Ring (although if it was me I'd go for the 950 for continuity)
?Mavic D521 Rims?
IRC Kujo Tyres
?XT SPDs?
Azonic Bars (2" rise by the looks of the bottom picture)

That should give you a good starting point. It won't be cheap to build, but at least all the bits are much more readily available than more exotic parts! ;)

Did you get that off the net or by sight?

leapgate":1jbbubff said:
Okay, this is just from memory, so I can't vouch for its validity, but...

I don't think they sold the Misser Rep as a full bike, just a frameset. So, there's no such thing as an original spec. Even in the pics you've posted, there are at least three different builds: one with the Z1 Bombers, one with pre-production Boxxers and one with Judy DHOs.

If I was building one up, I'd be looking to spec it with high end DH kit from the period, but not worrying too much about what was on a particular individual bike.

Good luck.

Yeah I realise that I posted some different specs, I also can't remember if they sold the Misser as a full bike but if they did I would of thought it was the one with the z1's.??
But as the original owner told me it was bought as a ex uk team bike I'm guessing that would be the same build as the lower 2 pics I put up with Scott boumont riding the bike.?
Also if you look carefully the shock on the bike Boumont is riding is the same as the one I have on my frame and I also have the same MRP chain device as the one in the picture that came on my bike when I bought it.
So I'm gonna do a bit of a mix match spec I think.

Judy DHO's
XTR 950 brakes and rear mech
XTR shifter
XTR 950 cranks
MRP chain device
ControlTec stem and seat post
Mavic 521

Thank you to everyone who helped point out the spec.
If any one has any of these parts for sale in good condition them please get in touch.

Stu

Did you try Kona? Just that they have a website dedicated to old konas, only goes back to 98...but at least they seem to have some interest in ye oldie, maybe they know...?

Back