Drivers!

Yeah I saw some poor sod hit the deck after some twat in a car pulled out in front of him yesterday. Looked like he had sparked himself out but had to get to work so hopefully he was alright!!

I seem to have accidentally taken a new Merc's wing-mirror off last week. Well they insist on passing so close :roll:

I shall fit one of these to my pump pegs tonight:

Mace-200610_2-Spiked_Ball.jpg

My elbow got cliped of a van wing mirror on Deansgate Manchester the other day, he stoped at lights about 100m ahead so I chased lights changed grrrr gone. But the thing is I was that mad I would of put his window through with my elbow probably griped n hurt the passenger in anger....... where would it have got me? police station and court? but what are you to do? I dont even like riding in the cycle lanes round the city center, then at the tescos at the top of deansgate theres a R.I.P bike sprayed white in his memory chained to a post where some one died. Might get a skate board :? :LOL:

legrandefromage":me14uspx said:
I shall fit one of these to my pump pegs tonight:

Mace-200610_2-Spiked_Ball.jpg

Not sure that's what you'll get if you've replied to an advert offering personal protection in the form of Mace!

NeilM":rj2gbp12 said:
she was too late to swing round the corner safely, as I was now approaching a narrow section where the turn is made. She looked at me, and at the rapidly dissaperaing gap, made eye contact with me... and made the turn anyway :shock:

My handlebars are 42cm c to c, to my left is a stone wall, to my right, a Ford Mondeo full of kids the wing mirror of which and for that matter the entire length of the car was no more than 30cm from my bars :facepalm:

I find banging on their windows particularly effective as they go past, I've yet to manage to clip out and seriously dent their car, can't wait in the road shoes, got to be a good chance of piercing the sheet metal.

gtRTSdh":1z0x33n0 said:
NeilM":1z0x33n0 said:
she was too late to swing round the corner safely, as I was now approaching a narrow section where the turn is made. She looked at me, and at the rapidly dissaperaing gap, made eye contact with me... and made the turn anyway :shock:

My handlebars are 42cm c to c, to my left is a stone wall, to my right, a Ford Mondeo full of kids the wing mirror of which and for that matter the entire length of the car was no more than 30cm from my bars :facepalm:

I find banging on their windows particularly effective as they go past, I've yet to manage to clip out and seriously dent their car, can't wait in the road shoes, got to be a good chance of piercing the sheet metal.

I would have happily banged the window, but I was concentrating hard in holding my line so as not to be crushed.

What never ceases to amaze me is how little thought drivers give to the possibly consequences of their action. This woman was clearly in a tearing hurry, so she let the pressure of the situation overcome any common sense she may have. In doing so, she could easily have crushed me, between the wall and her car, at which point her journey would have become a lot longer and a hell of a lot more stressful.

Of course the irony of the situation was the inevitable fact that she was held up in the road works. This meant she gained absolutely nothing by performing such a dangerous manoeuvre.

Which reminds me, I must go and get my helmet, and fit my little video camera to it.

Back