Colour schemes!

watchorn_luke

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys I'm in the process of doing up a old raligh record I got. Will eventually paint it but would like to see some ideas you guys have or have seen on some sites or even your bike jobs. Hope iv not posted in the wrong part
Cheers

4275897834_b6f2061b11_m.jpg

3498546757_b2d2cc40f8_m.jpg

Having been down on contrasting paint on lugs, I thought I'd post these. They are so subtle they have won me over. (Not my bikes, or photos)

That's another question! I'm not a frame-vendor at the moment... This is Retrobike..How many years do you want to go back for your frame?

You seem to be stuck with us '70s leftovers, for some strange reason!

Here is an alphabetical list, off the top of my head, of names that could be found on downtubes about 1975-79. British builders who were building at that time, or the shops that badged their frames... Any one of them would have built you a nice frame. In combination with a 531db decal, (or Columbus or Super Vitus or Ishiwata) many of them would not build with anything less, - I would have been glad to ride any of them. Apologies to anyone I've overlooked... I don't doubt Midlife can fill in the gaps... :)

Aende
E.G. Bates
Alec Bird
Ken Bird
Carlton
Condor
Ron Cooper
Ellis-Briggs
Favori
Harry Hall
Pat Hanlon
Jack Hearne
Hetchins
Holdsworth
Bob Jackson
MKM
Mercian
Major Nichols
Pennine
Stan Pike
Harry Quinn
Raleigh
Roberts
Pat Rohan
Rondinella
Brian Rourke

Dave Russell
Ken Ryall
Shorter
Jack Taylor
Roy Thame
Joe waugh
Witcomb
Woodrup
Dave Yates

You can do a search on anything in this post and know as much as I do within a week. Do an image search and see some beautiful bikes... If you need '80s, someone else will have to help!

Back