Pace RC200 f5 - British Racing Green

Other bits / replacements / possibilities...

Still looking for:

8 speed cassette in good+ condition
X-Lite Kevlar saddle - black
advice on running proshift mech with thumbshifters, which cassette etc.. (will be a dry weather bike)?

Comments / potential improvements welcomed...

Attachments

• DSC_8539.JPG
    DSC_8539.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,199
  • DSC_8543.JPG
    DSC_8543.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,199
  • DSC_8545.JPG
    DSC_8545.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,199
  • DSC_8547.JPG
    DSC_8547.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,199
Just finished building my 2nd RC300 this morning, as a result I have been knee deep in my parts stash for the last 2 days, which leaves me to conclude I dont really have any parts that would help you.

Except for a Goldtec 8 speed cassette, unused the largest four gears are machined from a single lump of aluminium. crazy light and I am afraid it won't be cheap.

Other than that just wanted to say the F5 is looking ace so far!

Second RC300? That means you have one spare right...?

Interested to see pics of your rc300 when you have them...?

Definitely interested in seeing a few pics of your goldtec cassette. i think at some point I read that the proshift mechs work better with non-shimano cassettes, but can't find that thread anymore. Any ideas?

Cheers

Watching this build with interest, personally I would steer towards Brit Kit and away from US components, however Pace used a lot of Race Face parts as standard equipment on this model, Turbine LP cranks, Thermo headset, XY seatpost, RealSeal BB, Race Face stems too, prior to the RC45 stems. I'm collecting for a nice F7 in red at the mo'.

Wold Ranger said:
Watching this build with interest, personally I would steer towards Brit Kit and away from US components, however Pace used a lot of Race Face parts as standard equipment on this model, Turbine LP cranks, Thermo headset, XY seatpost, RealSeal BB, Race Face stems too, prior to the RC45 stems. I'm collecting for a nice F7 in red at the mo'.

When I bought my first RC200 (f8 model in red) it came with all the raceface kit, but RC45 stem. Quite liked it in general, specially the turbines, headset was a bit of a faff though. That frame is now dead and all the original kit is long gone.

On the Brit kit, I'm with you completely, until I get to the derailleurs, there's something about the design of Proshift, Paul & Joe's that lends itself to the angles of the box frame where Shimano don't. I should probably be more patriotic and swap the topline cranks for middleburn though. Also, I've always had a soft spot for the madness of the zeroflex brakes, but not sure they're gonna look right. Any suggestions here, other than hope disc is there a viable Brit option?

Definitely like to find an X-Lite Kevlar saddle and 29.4 seatpost. Anyone???

Appreciate the comments, and good luck with your red build!

wm4wm4,

The pic you showed of the green one, that's Jo Burt on that bike.

I asked Adrian at Pace last night for a little info on the green ones, as I can't remember if they were a run or a couple of specials and this is his response to whether it was a std colour...

"It was a standard. We had a year or two where we anodised Rc200's in national racing colours and named them as such- german silver, italian red, french blue and of course BRG!."

Hope this is of interest mate.

Augustus said:
wm4wm4,

The pic you showed of the green one, that's Jo Burt on that bike.

I asked Adrian at Pace last night for a little info on the green ones, as I can't remember if they were a run or a couple of specials and this is his response to whether it was a std colour...

"It was a standard. We had a year or two where we anodised Rc200's in national racing colours and named them as such- german silver, italian red, french blue and of course BRG!."

Hope this is of interest mate.

Most definitely of interest.

Does that means that the 'Italian red' and 'German silver' are different to the reds and silvers we see a lot of?

Not seen much of the 'French Blue', but I guess that can be expected from such a British bike (unless of course that is reference to the gun metal colour).

Since starting this thread I have seen another green Rc200, but can't now remember where. They almost look grey/black until you get them out in the light.

Really appreciate the research

i seem to remember a dark blue. not so much french racing blue as much as a french army blue, but lovely anyway. Seem to remember it was about the time of the green too so that probably makes sense. Red has come and gone but was a thinner red than the green if that makes sense IIRC. There was an era of painted red rather than anodised but i only saw it on RC250T trials frames. looked good though. I think cos they're always anodised, a painted RC200 can look special.

G

How's the F5 coming along...did I spy a Mavic seatpost there?

Rich

very slowly... I've decided that the machine tech brakes don't suit the bike so I'm waiting until something else pops up.

You did spy a mavic seatpost... The only post ever to brake the kilo barrier!

Back