Garage wall bracket for locking bikes to...

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone know the best product to create a wall bracket that I can lock my bikes to?

Thanks in advance

Wook

Any standard anchor point should do the trick:

1247584065177-1jxc0q5m7xmub-399-75.jpg

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/29074661 ... pla&crdt=0

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got some Oxford brackets. What stops you undoing the bolts? You hammer a ballbearing into the hex socket. Some come with security bolts which require a famcy bolt specific torckx type key

Re the torks type 'security bolts. The keys to undo them are widely available to every man and his dog, so every criminal and pikey has one.
I've started using a break off type now, they have a false head for a socket which breaks off, leaving a dome shaped plain head, when you get it to a certain torque.

I'd suggest if it is possible to hang the bikes up high before locking them.It makes a thieves job much more difficult if the lock is difficult to get to in the first place :? ,i dont mean 10' or anything,just high enough to make things trickier.I think it would be rather difficult to twist or lever something off if youve not got both feet on the ground and will most likely be attempting to balance on something

dyna-ti":3dvvdxpy said:
I'd suggest if it is possible to hang the bikes up high before locking them.It makes a thieves job much more difficult if the lock is difficult to get to in the first place :? ,i dont mean 10' or anything,just high enough to make things trickier.I think it would be rather difficult to twist or lever something off if youve not got both feet on the ground and will most likely be attempting to balance on something

Hmm interesting but the ceiling of the garage is prob only 8 feet from the floor!...Maybe I could dig out a "secret cellar" in the garage floor!

The bikes are insured as extra items on my house insurance, but as we all know its not about the money...Its about keeping what we have as I don't think I would be able to replace some of my bikes! :(

Grannygrinder":1pm89bwi said:
Re the torks type 'security bolts. The keys to undo them are widely available to every man and his dog, so every criminal and pikey has one.
I've started using a break off type now, they have a false head for a socket which breaks off, leaving a dome shaped plain head, when you get it to a certain torque.

Now that sounds more promising where did you get those type of bolts?

Latest posts

Back