abandoned GT Tequesta

What diameter seat post do you need? I've probably got one I could karma for postage!

TC

Cheers fellas that's very kind of you the seat post diameter is 26.8 I'm pretty sure, any help that people can offer is greatly appreciated and may just be rewarded with home brew bacon butties and tea if your in my neck of the woods, getting very excited about this build now and I can't wait to get out on her.
Cheers steve

..personally... i think it needs a nice humble black saddle of some description, the stapled-on camo scares me a bit

You have to wonder about the mental state of someone who would abandon such a lovely bike! What a nutcase :shock:
Well done for rescuing it, a really worthwhile project in my opinion, but I may be biased as I have 2 Tequestas. The colour scheme is particularly nice on this model, one of my absolute favourites.

Cheers,
Andrew

The seatpost is a 26.4mm.

I have one ready to put on the exact same Tequesta when I eventually find one! ;) ;)

I even have a NOS GT adhesive chainstay protector ready for it too. :( :( :( :(

cheers for the info rob i thought you might offer some input, i really want to get her up and running but im desperate for a hardtail with front suspension ideally a kona shred or stuff, if anyone knows of someone with either of them up for a deal i would be willing to chop in either the tequesta and some cash or my we the people bmx and some cash, realistically only got space for one bike so both of mine and some cash making way for one all rounder makes the most sense, either way will still be gathering parts to finish this one unless it goes.
cheer steve

Loving your high risk / high reward lifetyle. :LOL: Great find BTW. I have a couple of 26.8 seatpins in black or polished which you can have for karma postage only but if you need 26.4 they'll be no use. Let me know.

got pretty much everything i need on order now, seat is thanks to racer x and bars thanks to wold ranger both pending me paying, grips and seat post i ordered online so should be here next week, once the bike is rolling i will look at tidying her up properly then ordering a set of red panaracers then its a set of cables and new bearings allround should be good for a while after that pics soon to follow.
cheers steve

Great Thread and smooth looking Tequesta. I have always lusted after a Pink Smoke Tequesta and one day will have mine! I laughed when I saw your bathroom spray booth. I get nervous just cleaning parts on the kitchen table!

Back