1990 Kona Fire Mountain

Re: 1989 Kona Fire Mountain

That's a lovely bike - I agree about upgrading the bar-ends though... Shame to cover it in XT then not put some Onzas on there.

Love that paint! :cool:

Re:

Bit of an update on this, 18" was always too small for me, so I hunted for a 19" or 20" Frame. In 2014 I spotted a mint, one owner model on eBay that was largely original. I made one really good one and sold the 18". The 19" was the guy's 40th birthday present to himself. I sent him some pics when it was re-furbed.

Here it is at Christmas 2016:

Attachments

• CTF_2.jpg
    CTF_2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 684
Re:

Now my youngest child is old enough to ride for a decent distance, I've pulled the FM out of storage to ride with her. She said her hands hurt on her little bike (Islabikes Beinn 20) so I ride the FM as it too is a little bumpy - most of my other retros have suspension.

Since the photo was taken I have cleaned the drivetrain, which was filthy :oops: and started polishing it up a bit. I'll get some tarted up photos once I've finished. I might sell this after the lock-down and buy something else.

SP

Attachments

• March_2020.jpg
    March_2020.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 682
Re:

really cool colourway, had one a few years back i built up from a frameset, what a satisfying resto build that was.

IMAG0781-zpssbdg5kz4.jpg

Re:

Yep, they are cool looking bikes - it IS the colour that makes it.

Well, I had to clean mine, look at the sh*te that came off the drive-train :oops: Bloody disgrace. :facepalm:

SP

Attachments

• April_12_8.jpg
    April_12_8.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 507
Back