Friends reunited

I'll move to Germany too then. Over here you can't even leave your bike alone for an hour unless it's an absolute wreck.

Sorry about the anger in my earlier comment, Makster. Just the thought of leaving a bike alone that long sends shivers down my spine.
I think I just care too much about mine, like they're my children really. Whenever I let them out of my sight for more than 30 seconds, I really feel like I'm a bad parent. I'd rather ride it back across half of Europe than having to leave it in a public place that long.

EDIT : "I really get feel" ? Guess I still cant right inglish. :LOL:
corrected.

Raging_Bulls":carzu6tf said:
I'll move to Germany too then. Over here you can't even leave your bike alone for an hour unless it's an absolute wreck.

Sorry about the anger in my earlier comment, Makster. Just the thought of leaving a bike alone that long sends shivers down my spine.
I think I just care too much about mine, like they're my children really. Whenever I let them out of my sight for more than 30 seconds, I really get feel like I'm a bad parent. I'd rather ride it back across half of Europe than having to leave it in a public place that long.

No worries :D
I brought this bike over with me 4 years ago, to leave here so I had something decent to ride when here with work.
I have other bikes that I'd never leave for 3 minutes, let alone 3 years.
I cant wait to get it cleaned and oiled later, then get out in the forest and give it a damn good thrashing!!

I'm back in Erlangen again....and the old girl is still where I left her!
I'm here for 3 weeks this time, so she's going to get a proper going over.
I've bought a full cable set with me, the BB is shot so I'll be sourcing a new one and I'll be looking for a replacement cassette and chain too.
She'll be good for another 6 years then I think :D

Thats ace! I took the family and all our bikes and camping bits off to Nurburg, Germany and we drifted around from place to place in the van. Essentiallly capturing the essence of a relaxed but respectful place to be. I really want to go back there this year for another ride of the trails we found.

Don't blame you for wanting to transfer there. Nice move! Good Luck with the language course.

sylus":2ai58ci2 said:
But do you still have the key for the lock

I have a cunning, yet effective, way of dealing with the lock problem......I have carved a cork to be a snug fit in the seat post, and stash the keys in the post between visits :D
A few other engineers know this, and I let them use the bike when they're here. None of the gits have bothered to service it yet though!

Also spotted in the bike rack today...a 1989 Colnago and a 1991 Heavy Tools, wearing a full XT groupset!

Back