abandoned GT Tequesta

Nothing like a bit of pikey rattle-can action while the missus is out :)
I used to do sets of alloys on our balcony, even bought a cheap tent to use as a spray booth once.
Don't do this, the ventilation is practically zero. I nearly blacked out from the fumes.

P1020497.jpg

P1020499.jpg

Did you save the grips? you could of sprayed hair spray under em to work em loose and with the bars bashed a round bit of wood in to sort the crimps out. No bother tho still bringin a dead bike back :cool: hope theres no overspray in the bath room or ther'l be ''no more bikes in the appartment'' I live in one and its a nitemare where bikes are involved :roll:

dont worry im good at keeping the long haired general happy no over spray and no mess left lay around, im going to get a new set of bars the same dimensions as the old ones but might treat myself to some carbon jobbies, might have a look around tomorrow and see if i can find a local metal merchant to cut me some ally for the seat stem now that i think about it i might have hem cut me some bars as well.

Hang on to that tent, it may come in handy to sleep in out on the balcony if the missus catches you painting in the living room. :LOL:

love this thread. great find! the use of the bathroom is a classic. make sure the mrs does not find this thread, or there may be trouble :LOL:

the bike looks like it is in really good condition all said and done, it will be a great little thing once you have it going again

i12ride":39gvnfqh said:
Hang on to that tent, it may come in handy to sleep in out on the balcony if the missus catches you painting in the living room. :LOL:

My thoughts exactly :LOL: Classic while the cats away action - we've all done it!

Love this thread.

Immaculate apartment + bike cleaning / spraying :)

NO WAY would I get away with that....

Bike is from the coolest period of GT, U brake + wacky paint :)

cheers for the positive comments guys it all adds fuel to the fire, a mate came over from london today with a temporary rear tyre its from maxxis and looks to be in good nick the only drama i can see is its a 1.95 and the front is a 2.1 any suggestions on which i should mount up front and vise versa he also brought me a seat and post but the post is slightly too narrow and to be honest a bit short for my liking, the seat is a bit ripped up but the end caps are removable with screws so im going to strip it down check the foam then recover it possibly in some camouflage gortex i have and tack it in with my heavy staple gun.

If you've got tyres of 2 different widths, the wider should go on the front. Unless they're front/rear specific, of course.

I've got some carbon fibre handlebars you can have. I'm working away till thurs night so would be Friday before I could post them ;)

Matt

Back