Cycle insurance?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone recommend a good bike insurance particular in accident damage?

After throwing a lesser value bike down the road before Christmas its started me thinking about if it was my pimp bike and the damage was unrepairable I would be buggered not been able to replace it :?

Cheers

daj

sylus":3osdxy9h said:
Check first if you have house insurance wether that covers your cycles

Would home insurance just be theft though? I want accident damage :?

Give them a ring and ask them those questions, always better to find out your covered ..or not..before you pay anymore

try Butterworth-Spengler insurance group, they insure a hell of a lot of the bike trade and the CTC's insurance is done through them and maybe mention about RB to see if you can wangle discount.

I got a quote for theft only and this alone was £600 a year, would rather be covered for theft and take a chance on damage, most things can be repaired more cheaply than replaced!

Hmmmm I have to disagree if I trash the cervelo with new wheels like for like replacement for just frame/fork and wheels is 3.6k and all being carbon can't see any repairing being done its just going to be car door filler ? :LOL:

British cycling insurance quoted £360 including European cover :? Expensive if not needed but not if the worst happens.

Hmmmmmm

There's an instant quote doofer on the CTC/Butterworth insurance site: http://www.cyclecover.org.uk/quickquote.asp

It's worth playing with the bike value, for example it costs the same to cover a bike worth £290 as it does one worth £100. It's also worth a good look through the rules, exclusions, approved locks etc. or you may find your insurance is worth no more than the paper the policy is printed on when you need it most. :?

There's also a £100.00 excess, so if like me you use a cheap ~£150.00 bike for shopping and leaving locked up around town, it's really not worth it.

Back