Flat bar or the riser bar I have? Confused!!

Is that your actual seat height? If so, flat. And I think that, even by the standards of the time, that's a rather long stem :)

I'm veering towards Flats...

It is a long stem, doesn't look that long on the catalogue picture, and in practise its actually a nice length.
As it is the risers give it a bit of a freeride look.

Another issue I have is the Seat Post Collar,
I don't like the XLite ones, too bulky and doesn't go with the frame.

I saw this Serotta one and it's perfect;

$T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yE(++BRHNBVqFIQ~~60_57.JPG

I wonder if there's anything similar anyone can recommend?

And/or a seat post?

I like polished/and or Titanium.

cce":3os28bca said:
try it with what you have, and if you dont like it, change it.

simple!

I aint got myself a flat bar yet.
I'm asking as I want to know whether it's worth the outlay. Already spent a lot more than I bargained for.

And have loads of spare parts now too. 3 seat post collars (Xlite) stem plugs/caps/bar end plugs, skewers, cassettes, stems etc.
So look out for a for sale thread soon!

A seat collar and bar is all I require - oh, and I don't like the XLite kevlar saddle, so a Flite Ti (or Fizik Gobi Ti?)

With that stem, then a flat bar..... its too long to be of benefit with a riser bar
However its your bike

Just my tuppence

G

ibbz":1daojrj5 said:
cce":1daojrj5 said:
try it with what you have, and if you dont like it, change it.

simple!

I aint got myself a flat bar yet.
I'm asking as I want to know whether it's worth the outlay. Already spent a lot more than I bargained for.

And have loads of spare parts now too. 3 seat post collars (Xlite) stem plugs/caps/bar end plugs, skewers, cassettes, stems etc.
So look out for a for sale thread soon!

A seat collar and bar is all I require - oh, and I don't like the XLite kevlar saddle, so a Flite Ti (or Fizik Gobi Ti?)

You're missing the point, dont buy any more bars until you've ridden it with the one you have.

It feels. Good with the bars it has. But looks naff.
I think flat bar it is.

I saw some nice ritchey classic flat bar and matching post but bars too thick for my stem.

Can't find anything on eBay which I like.
I think I'll put up something in wanted if I can get some suggestions here for a flat bar and matching seatpost and the sort of seat collar

For polished seat post, retro '90s XTR is beautifully made, light too.
For super-neat looking collar i think Thomson's latest is as good as any.
But... it depends what lengths/diameters you're after as not all parts were/are available in all possible sizes. Get your dimensions right first then go hunting for something pretty.

Back