Muddyfox Courier - Poss 1988, info wanted.

Quick update before I scrub the oil from my fingernails.

I can confirm it is fully lugged and has a normal (non-wishbone) stay.
Been scrubbing and degreasing, it's coated in greasy muck but components seem in quite good
nick underneath the gunk.

Will try and get some pix up tomorrow.

Pix as promised, its really needs most of the components removed and thoroughly cleaned
but so far it's looking fairly good. Paint no too bad.

Scrubbing up nicely
P1120055_zps6c2f326f.jpg

Loads of lugs
P1120047_zpsfa5815ee.jpg

P1120059_zps46c36e96.jpg

Non wishbone rear.
P1120050_zps5f8d0ad4.jpg

The cable hanger has been done away for the U brakes.. Some of my 89 courier comp and pathfinder have U and some cantilever, no idea why..

That really is odd, archemists 88 courier above is the white/purple and its a lug less tigged frame, the all white lugged courier looks like an 87 frame with 88 decals. The crackle one looks like the 87 frame.

Carl

drcarlos":1kzpqjo5 said:
That really is odd, archemists 88 courier above is the white/purple and its a lug less tigged frame, the all white lugged courier looks like an 87 frame with 88 decals. The crackle one looks like the 87 frame.

Carl

Doc - that's what i've been thinking, it is real odd. I :oops: don't know the date of mine - as the one thing i didn't do was remove the cable guide and that obscures the frame number.

But mine does appear to be Araya (japan) made and appears identical (frame) to a model in the 87-88 Araya catalogue.

Mine has no wishbone, is lugless (mostly), u-brakes (no canti hanger) and NO paw prints. Which would say it's a later frame than above but not late enough for wishbones - but then why is it in 87-88 colours!???

If you look at the catalogues - the '88-9 roadrunner (still) has the pink tinge (i.e. the same paint 'range' as mine) but the courier colours have moved on to the crackle.

It's like they didn't revamp the whole range year on year or the ship hadn't docked before the photo shoot?

All cool tho :cool:
And

Great work chaps.
I was going to ask where I'd find a frame number and if it would be of any use (have a date)
or whether they were random. Haven't found one in the usual places.

I will have more time this weekend for a better clean/strip, a full spec and some more pix.

It's like in '89 they were using up old stocks of frames and parts before a big refresh for the 1990 model year where it all changed again. Incidentally the 1990 Pathfinder got carried over to 1991 so maybe another case of the same thing?

Carl.

Nice find!!

Good luck with your restore work.

This is mine. Owned from new with original receipt too! The only non original parts are the NOS tyres I managed to pick-up.

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0806.jpg

IMAG0794.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0837.jpg

I believe it is a '89 frame, as you can see from the receipt bought in early '90 for £299, about £530 in today's money.

Could be a twin for yours.

Keep us posted on progress.

Back