MacRetro chat and rides thread

The mound would have been nice, then hook right onto Mound Place in front of the University buildings, up Ramsay Lane and finish on the Esplanade. Steeper, further, some cobbles and a couple of tight turns plus more interesting from a spectating point of view.

zigzag":3atdodso said:
The mound would have been nice, then hook right onto Mound Place in front of the University buildings, up Ramsay Lane and finish on the Esplanade. Steeper, further, some cobbles and a couple of tight turns plus more interesting from a spectating point of view.

You're a sadist, that would be hell to do at pace.

They've probably gone or Victoria Street as they can take over the Grassmarket for all the associated Red Bull stuff that will be going on, and the terrace above the street will give spectators a view of the whole length of the ride.

It will be interesting to see the times going by the 24 second top time on Strava.

zigzag":yjmi3zyo said:

Yep that would be good to see, I've seen sadistic tourists making the cycle rickshaws take that route.

gmac123":1zcb4ole said:
Top notch day at Mabie, lovely early morning turning into a fine day. Kaiser and myself tackled the red, thoroughly enjoyed, then aced the skills area in a midlife sorta way. combination of trails, weather and new bike induced a long lasting smile.
So now you've given it a proper hurl, are you liking the 29er Santa Cruz thang?

Oh aye, and whaur are the photos, or did Kaiser kill his battery again taking pics of his fat front tyre?

:p I'll try to get the pics up tonight. Its seems when I go away noo everything I was meant to do disnae magically dissapear like it used to, sifting through the backlog then I'll get em up. Prolly only two pics anyway, too much riding (suffering) ye see.

zigzag":2fj5yyjc said:
So now you've given it a proper hurl, are you liking the 29er Santa Cruz thang?

absolutely loved it, a big child like new toy grin lasted all afternoon, evening.. in fact all they way to my crash back to reality as the working week commenced

That shows it was a good buy gmac ;)
Doesnt matter what you ride as long as you enjoy it, thats what I reckon.
Jamie

Wise words Jamie... Canny wait to get back on it :D reflecting, confidence grew as the ride went on, the big wheels and full bounce stretched my boundaries (which were pretty small to start with :LOL: )

Of to bed now, early rise for a most unpleasant/unenjoyable turbo session before work

Back