1991 ex-Barrie Clarke Team Raleigh DynaTech

MikeD":3brjk6yg said:
Not sure what year this is, but this is definitely an X-Lite fork and it looks like M900 XTR to me:

Slightly better pic -- appears to be pre-wishbone frame in this one, same spec as the one above so presumably the same bike:

Barrie Clarke by iBike pics, on Flickr

Although that one's captioned as being taken in 1993

Is this frame not the later model as well mike...?

The top lug seems different to me, this one carries a cable guide like Sinnetts Adrian Timmis frame, where as this frame has the rear cable hanger joined to the seat stays... :?

When i saw the bike with what i thought was the Xlite fork i cant remember seeing it dripping in Gucci British bling either, there was no anodised parts (like the pic above), it was just a fork.

Attachments

• 2008_1224Raleigh0049.jpg
    2008_1224Raleigh0049.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 949
  • rd18_zps883a88c7.jpg
    rd18_zps883a88c7.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 949
Im Not sure mike, i cant see it properly or remember clearly. I could be well off, but it does show there were at least two variations of the NON wishbone frame.

Rob Atkin":389bl292 said:
Surely it can't be M900 XTR as that didn't come out till 1992!!

I am fairly sure it had Campag on it. I will ask the bloke I bought it off as he originally had the full bike. :-D

Sadly I'm well old enough to remember and Ultegra was widely used as they did short, medium, and Long cage versions and were lighter than MTB mechs of that era.
There was a lot of chopping and changing and trying out of different parts, from race meet to race meet back then too.

sinnerman":dbcji5it said:
I remember Barrie Clarke using this frame, (this rear end as opposed to the later wishbone) and also using what i believe to be a pre-production (prototype..?) X-Lite Fork.

Im confident the spec wasnt Campagnolo, but im blowed if i can remember details.

Can anybody add any info here,...? I may be going mad, but i dont think it was the XTR spec used on the later wishbone models as used by the team mates.

I almost wanna Guess and say XT predating XTR given the frame type beng early 91 and the fork being used may have been the Prototype.. :?

As i say memories not what it was and it was a long time ago... :oops:

hope this helps (not 100% accurate but best I can do until I've trawled the Raleigh archive)

1990 2070 frame with wishbone stays & straight blade Mn-Mo (as 1991 catalogue) c/w Suntour XC Pro but i think they did switch to Campagnolo for a while. Paul Hinton also experimented with Pace RC30 & Magura brakes - see photo (courtesy of bikemeister2000)

1991 2070 (& very rare 2080) frame with the Dynatech signature 'bolted' seat stays & curved blade Mn-Mo forks - what Rob has got, components as others have mentioned - Campagnolo or XT / Dura-ace / Ultegra mix.

1992 Metal Matrix frame with the Dynatech signature 'bolted' seat stays & curved blade Mn-Mo forks c/w M900 XTR as per Adrian Timmis bike. Think the Trimnell / X-Lite forks were also available in '92.

1994 Dynatech Torus plasma arc welded full titanium frame with wishbone seatstay, sus forks (Judy / RC35) M900 XTR.

sinnerman":29cw620d said:
The top lug seems different to me, this one carries a cable guide like Sinnetts Adrian Timmis frame, where as this frame has the rear cable hanger joined to the seat stays... :?

So it does :) I think those pics are actually from 1993. Apologies for the distraction, Rob, please carry on ;)

Excellent info there Caramba thank you for posting, im always learning something new.

Rob, i think for me its looking like its gotta be a team Raleigh with Campagnolo.

Whilst the You tube footage is excellent, its a shame no one has an image they can post of it... :cry:

How did I miss this...

I might have some magazine articles from around 93... A Pro Bike feature of BC in MBUK springs to mind... appreciate later than this though...

Any chance you'd bring the frame into Leeds so I can have a gander down "our secret alley" :D :D Still got that Red Controltech stem in the car for you!

Rob Atkin":1imdsrfi said:
I do happen to have a complete Campagnolo Olympus groupset lying around doing nothing....

Is Olympus Black..? What was used on the bike...?

Cranks have black arms but need stripping and polishing anyway. Rear mech only has the parallelogram section in black. Bullet shifters are rubbish and it should have dia compe brakes on it anyway.
null_zps9576c89f.jpg

null_zpsfb296771.jpg

null_zps008934ca.jpg

Latest posts

Back