2001 Marin rocksprings/alpine trail.

Looks good, doesn't look out of place compared to "modern" bikes in my opinion.

Might build one for myself one day, maybe use my daughter's or wife's one instead in mean time.

Do you see the wee bolt on underside of top-tube above shock? Took me a while to work out what it was for, had an idea but wasn't until I saw a pic of another Marin that it was confirmed. You might know already, of course, but it holds the brake cable/hose and gear cable up off shock with, originally, a rubber loop. It's not on the small 15" East Peak my youngest has but it's on the 17.5" Wolf Ridge my oldest has. Now await someone telling me that's bollocks. :LOL:

thats right about it having the rubber holder for the cables, unfortunately the one on this one had perished, but i am planning on making a new one out of some rubber i use at work.

i'm thinking of getting some of the offset shock mounts to move the shock slightly forwards to give a little extra clearance at the seat tube, or i'll custom make some.++

How close is the end of shock to the down-tube? Think it's around 5mm on the Marins we have.
So far I've not worried about the shock hitting down-tube as I think it would only do so if shock disintegrated, but now thinking about shock bushes wearing to allow it to touch. Mind you if I let them wear to that extent I'd be a bit lazy/stupid. The rattling noise would get on my wick first though.

theres around 2-4mm clearance, hence the rubber bumper on the seat tube.

i'll try different mounts first, if that doesnt work then i'll look for a 185mm shock, as the 190mm swinger is a bit close.

got these for it aswell, will upgrade when i get hold of some new cables and couter.

170220131910.jpg

170220131911.jpg

Back