The level of asskissing on this site.

This site is the centre of all that is cycling , the zodiac of bike knowlage, all encompassing.......it is THE best of everything that could ever be....and i'm not taking the piss.........the spirit of MTB that i used to know and feel, still lives here and only here. :D :cool: :D

greenstiles":1sc9meux said:
This site is the centre of all that is cycling , the zodiac of bike knowlage, all encompassing.......it is THE best of everything that could ever be....and i'm not taking the piss.........the spirit of MTB that i used to know and feel, still lives here and only here. :D :cool: :D

I think you might be right.

Wasmachineman NL":6z7s7j9m said:
Like this: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=243315
I thought this was a open forum, not a site with people who think they are gods when they see a wrongly posted FS thread, And Paul, Why warn me and that other guy and not the one who started it all? This site is going to be mountainbike.nl in english soon enough.
[en shiverer, als je dit leest: je bent een mongool, kankeren op een user die lager niveau is dan het gemiddelde van het forum is gewoon NOT done.]

Dont be like that, i love you.

cyfa2809":1y6it72s said:
Wasmachineman NL":1y6it72s said:
I thought this was a open forum, not a site with people who think they are gods when they see a wrongly posted FS thread, And Paul, Why warn me and that other guy and not the one who started it all? This site is going to be mountainbike.nl in english soon enough.
[en shiverer, als je dit leest: je bent een mongool, kankeren op een user die lager niveau is dan het gemiddelde van het forum is gewoon NOT done.]

Dont be like that, i love you.

and i reeeeeaaaallly love you Josh.

Wasmachineman NL":3gnqy21w said:

As you have directly asked me a question I shall answer it.

Firstly this is an not an open forum, there is no such thing. Like the majority of other internet forums it is privately owned but publicly accessible.

Over the past seven years Retrobike has been developed as one of the largest and one of the friendliest cycling forums on the internet. There is generally an expected level of mutual respect between members that has been fostered by a few simple guidelines, a bit of moderation and alot of users who adhere to these rules for the benefit of all.
It is not a free for all and hopefully it will never become one.
The fact that members politely point out mistakes and inappropriate posts shows that they care about the forum and respect other users.
As long as this is done appropriately and respectfully then there is no problem with it.

With reference to the post you have linked to.
Rob Atkin's post was fairly succinct in pointing out to the OP what the thread needed in a price and to be posted in the correct section.

The thread was locked and mrpedigree was warned for needlessly derailing the thread with a childish and churlish attack on Rob.
You were warned for endorsing that and trolling a thread which had already been derailed.

Looking at post histories, neither of you seem to be very positive in your contributions to Retrobike.

Finally, I am unfamiliar with mountainbike.nl so I can't recognise your comparison, I can however use Google translator.

I hope this clarifies matters.

cyfa2809":3lucwtoj said:
Retrobike hug is needed i feel.

I LOVE a group hug

group-hug.jpg

Wasmachineman NL":i9lxvsn6 said:

While I have no problem reading Dutch, I'd appreciate it if you stuck to the forum's commonly accepted language, especially in a post/rant about the forum.

Also, no forum will accept this kind of personal insult, especially if you start mentioning Down syndrome.

I also speak some dutch and agree with raging, reverting to another language to insult someone in the way you just have is just not cricket sir and does you a disservice but highlights what you have to offer.

Perhaps if you feel you cannot meet the sites easily achievable standards then perhaps it is time for you to step away from the computer, take a time out and look back at what you have just offered and possibily move on. I wish you well in the future but know this if you do come back then somethings on your part need to change.

Have a great day

Back