Show us your slick tyred MTBS

Having got some info about my RX100 levers from the retro road section of rb, I think they're late 90's. As you'd expect, you have to be fairly deliberate with them, but the shifting is spot on. Could be because the levers and rear mech are from the same era though. Gonna keep an eye out on here for a front mech to match.

Marge

My current project, a local towpath and kid carrying cruiser. Still in progress, but will be sporting mudguards, a rack and kids seat on the back.

Attachments

• IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 704
marge602":20eur2fb said:
Edge of the road. Harringworth viaduct, Rutland.

Recently built as a winter bike/commuter. First decent ride on it today. It's an absolute joy to ride too. What with all the flood water and snow melt washing all sorts of crud onto the roads around here, my road bike would've been a slightly worrying prospect. However, the Edge OTR I can just thrash. Which, I suppose, is exactly what it was designed for.

Marge
Love this bike

troje":1mj3dsnc said:
it takes 5 minutes to switch knobby tires to slicks...

DSC_0763.JPG

Loving this, such a clean look.

Mr Panda":1mj3dsnc said:
1992 Cinder Cone

...and in off road form...

DSCN2118.jpg

;)

Great photo, I love the look of paired spaokes.

NeilM":1lwo4ym8 said:
Interesting, as I thought road shifters were not a good match with mtb mechs.

I may have to do some experiments with my drop bar project.

The problem is with front ones only. Rear are exactly the same. If you clamp the cable on the wrong side of the bolt on the front it works fine. File in a new cable clamp groove to help it grip. There is stuff about this mon on the CTC website.

P3300072_zps5ced0d7c.jpg

My Kona Fire Mountain with Conti Gran Prix 1" slicks. Was a bit rapid :LOL: but a bit under geared :( with a 42/11 top gear. Needed at least a 46 chainring to make the most of it.

No picture of mine as they were in my past before retro bike. I did it though because I seen a courier bike shackled to railings on Princes Street, Edinburgh in 1996 with 26 x 1.5" slicks and thought it the coolest thing ever. Went out that same day and scoured the shops for a set, eventually found Nokian City Slickers and slapped them on my retired Townsend mtb, it gave that bike a new lease of life, nippy and well braked

Back