Early Heckler retro/modern

Re: Heckler 1996 retro/modern

open to comments ..why is it not a 96 ?
rear arm is a strange( early front later back) factory exchange unit prototype ?
was told first owner was one of santa cruz,s early agents

kvs766":1q0okm0e said:
open to comments ..why is it not a 96 ?
rear arm is a stange( early front later back) factory exchange unit prototype ?
was told first owner was one of santa cruz,s early agents

the first frames were not predisposed for disc brake only v-brake. ;)

nice bike, is a bike that I had and I did a lot of fun :D

I don't think those dropouts were introduced as early as 1996. I think they were first seen on the late '97 models. And it has a disk mount which you get on the 98 onwards. I would a thought a 1996 heckler would have the same swing arm I have on mine.

I've had two of these now and they both had swingarms from different years to the main frame. I had a 96 with a 97 arm and a 98 with a 99 arm. Can't remember if there's a reason for it but you might find this thread of interest: my heckler's made up from two different bikes

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=169338

I was told the arm was a factory replacement part .
I cannot see any frame numbers due to thickness of paint :facepalm:
which part of the frame gives the age to it ? a hardtail is easy as it is complete .this suss frame is in 2 parts which are interchangeable over a 6 year period !
any ideas anyone???

It's definitely got a 1998- swingarm on it. What does the main pivot on the front triangle look like? Early frames had struts that bridged across from down tube to seat tube, later ones had tabs on the down tube only. Not exactly sure when that change took place, though.

Was there any Heckler at all in 96? I remember only Tazmon from mags of that year. (i really dont know at all, just a thought.. sorry)

what is your serial number? (is under the bb, mine is no. 97ZX02159, in 1997 it was only v.brake)

img59771600x1200.jpg

CAPIN":t4pz8rh7 said:
Was there any Heckler at all in 96? I remember only Tazmon from mags of that year. (i really dont know at all, just a thought.. sorry)

My 1996 heckler

dscf6249_502_zpse4052048.jpg

Latest posts

Back