Made some nice food

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I enjoy cooking and make some good stuff sometimes....well i had limited ingredients the other night so i got some braising steak and cut it up big, in a pan with a veg stock cube and water, a few good glugs of blue dragon soy sauce(as its the best to cook with/gravy) and a good helping of 5 spice powder and cooked for about 2 hours on the hob low. I made some dumplings and popped those in about 15 mins towards the end and served with shredded spring(cooked ) cabbage........wow it was nicer that i was expecting :D

My wife makes a mean chinese banquet too, i usually make special fried rice using peanut oil (the secret to good fried rice)

My wife is american and since i moved to the states I have missed many things and mostly sunday roasts

So today I cooked her one to show her what yankees are missing, Roast tatties cooked in lard so nice and crisp on the outside fluffy inside, home made yorkie puds, beef in a lovely dark gravy, pigs in blankets, stuffing, parsnips, peas, carrots( all three roasted) with a lovely smooth red to drink

laid it on the table fine silverware, she sits down, then gets straight up walks to the fridge gets a bottle of tomato sauce and then covers the whole dinner in it! ......damm uncouth colonials

sylus":1xxubqti said:
My wife is american and since i moved to the states I have missed many things and mostly sunday roasts

So today I cooked her one to show her what yankees are missing, Roast tatties cooked in lard so nice and crisp on the outside fluffy inside, home made yorkie puds, beef in a lovely dark gravy, pigs in blankets, stuffing, parsnips, peas, carrots( all three roasted) with a lovely smooth red to drink

laid it on the table fine silverware, she sits down, then gets straight up walks to the fridge gets a bottle of tomato sauce and then covers the whole dinner in it! ......damm uncouth colonials

Sunday roasts are lost on Americans. What did your other half think of the gravy?

Roasties sound good. Did you parboil them first?

heres a good one from brazil,

chopped onion and garlic in a pan, fry with a little oil, salt, pepper and glug of wochester sauce then add some diced pork and crush an oxo cube in, fry till browned. add 2 tins of borlotti beans and a little water. leave on a low heat for 30/40 min.
to do the rice fry onion, garlic salt and pepper in a little oil again. add washed rice give a stir then cover with water.
make a salsa salad. chopped onion chopped tomato, lettuce,carrot whatever you like really. cover with olive oil and balsamic salt and pepper to taste. i like to add mozzarella and mint mabey mango slices
when the rice is done get a masher and give the beans a good squash this will thicken up the stew a bit and bring out the flavour of the beans. serve it all up on a plate and DO NOT ADD KETCHUP!
to drink- Corona with a slice of lime, or pineapple and mint juice

theproudhighway":2v5njyh2 said:
Sunday roasts are lost on Americans. What did your other half think of the gravy?

Roasties sound good. Did you parboil them first?

the gravy she thought was only for like special occasions like thanksgiving and she tends to use sauces from the bottle to try and keep things moist...herecy

Tatties part boiled?..it's the law sir...boil to soft all the way through but still reasonably together then into the hot oven at 425 for an hour...yummy

swannymere":2v5njyh2 said:
That's got to be reasonable grounds for divorce?

Well funny you should say that, I am divorcing her and coming back to the u.k. in two weeks :LOL:

America for me is like threesomes, tried it once..didn't like it :LOL:

Back