Some of my DiamondBack Collection

I preferred the 94, which is why I'm keeping it, not the 93 Axis Pro. The WCF rides the best out of the 4, and so far, better than everything I've ever ridden.

JustKev":3qo83f0a said:
Think you sorted it and Neil is right, it's a 93. I owned every model of Axis from 91-95 - the '93 Axis Pro rode the best, better even than my TT!

I'm about to start rebuilding my 1991 race bike. Frame recently recovered!
91 Axis Team, in the bright / lime green colour?

I've got 2 of the none-team / not-pro Axis from the early 90s (both True Temper OX tubing, 91 and 92 Axis), and I they ride nice, I personally prefer the TT-Lite framed steel DBs from the mid 90s in terms of how they ride (2 x 95 Apexssss - same frameset as the Axis from those years). Doesn't hurt that they're that bit lighter than the early 90s frames, but there's something about them.

My 94 Axis is TT Lite. 23.5lb all in with M775 pedals, and the Flite ti saddle, the rest as spec. The R & WCF are just under 25lb each

Just seen this. I really like your 94 Axis, it looks great. Any more pics? I used to drool over the 94 catalogue and would love one of those, or an Apex, someday.....

click the link in the 1st post, some more there. Also some in various ride aftermath threads it's been on. Buy the 93 Axis Pro, (pictured as a bike in 1st post) f&f £75 posted, and you could build yourself one ;) According to JustKev, it's the best one anyway ;)

Latest posts

Back