Dilemma - help advice required on changing Crank/rings

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
My Dynatech MT4 has Pace Rings with Shimano XT 730 cranks arms (on a Mavic BB)

The Pace Rings are wearing a bit, still ok, but wearing.
I have some lovely Specialities TA chain rings Compact 44-94 and Action Tec Ti granny ring - these were meant for my RSP Ti, but I thought I;d leave the Sun rings on that.

The S/TA

15112_00_d.jpg

I was thinking of changing the Pace rings to fit the MT4, and also wondering what I could change the XT Crank arms for?

Question is, do you think it's worth changing the XT/Pace for the Specialities TA, and if so what Crank arms would fit and stay in tune with the MT4 and the BB I have fitted?

I do like the XT stuff, as the bike has XT front + Rear mech plus shifters and hub too (and shark fin)

How are Middleburn like? which ones would fit? Any ideas? thoughts? It'd be a shame to let these Rings go to waste.

Here's the MT4 with cranks on display;

main.php

And how do I figure out what size spindle I have on the BB which is fitted - which I dare not remove :)

M730 cranks take a 122.5 spindle bud, sorry I can't help you with your crank/rings choosing dilemma but i'd stick with the good old XT.

Rich

If it helps I asked for advice between the same xt cranks and some middle burns for the build I have on the go, and the majority said xt. You will need to change the bb if you move to middle burn.

You won't get the on pact drive rings you have on the xt cranks will you?

ishaw":m4yalx8g said:
If it helps I asked for advice between the same xt cranks and some middle burns for the build I have on the go, and the majority said xt. You will need to change the bb if you move to middle burn.

You won't get the on pact drive rings you have on the xt cranks will you?

I just read your thread now.
I reckon it'd have to be XT all the way.

Is there any possibility of replacing the Pace rings with the Specialites?
Wonder the same.

Anyone?

We_are_Stevo":10rqlp23 said:
I'd get some 94 BCD cranks (Raceface?)...

...those S/TA rings are perfect for the Dyna-Tech :cool:

:)

Sounds worth looking at
Would the cranks mentioned be ok with my BB? As I doubt that's ever coming out. It's one if those mavic ones.
And any links to pics of them?

Either that or got to replace the pace with something

ibbz":c30pepei said:
We_are_Stevo":c30pepei said:
I'd get some 94 BCD cranks (Raceface?)...

...those S/TA rings are perfect for the Dyna-Tech :cool:

:)

Sounds worth looking at
Would the cranks mentioned be ok with my BB? As I doubt that's ever coming out. It's one if those mavic ones.
And any links to pics of them?

Either that or got to replace the pace with something

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Race- ... 4ac142b264

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Race-Face-Tur ... 3a7e8a4443

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back