Sonic cycles restoration.

Grannygrinder":l78zkkb8 said:
I must admit i am concerned about the sharp pointy bit on the top :shock:
By the time you get to inspect it at close quarters, you're already in a world of trouble.

Re:

Minor tinkering update.
I swapped the DT shifters for Shimano Ultegra 6500 brifters for a while but didn't enjoy the experience :D
So more or less back to how she now but with 105 5600 mechs and brakes(mainly because they have a tiny bit of yellow on them :LOL: :LOL: ) and some nice bar tape, oh and a lovely black 3T Cinelliesque stem :cool:

Attachments

• OB3.png
    OB3.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 707
  • ob5.png
    ob5.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 708
Re:

Final tinkering :D
I had decided soon after i got the frame that as it was Columbus tubing i'd like it to wear Campag components.
Its taken a while to get all the bits together but shes all finished now, Veloce 9sp brifters, calipers and rear mech with a record front :cool:
I much prefer the look of the silver wheels compared to the all black Shimano ones.

*If anybody has or knows of a matching Rabobank bottle i'd be interested ;) *

Attachments

• Sonic campag 300.jpg
    Sonic campag 300.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 671
  • Sonic campag 200.jpg
    Sonic campag 200.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 671
  • Sonic campag 100.jpg
    Sonic campag 100.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 671
Re:

Nice work Mike.

I am a relatively recent convert to Campag, having used it on my Basso.

I now know what all the fuss is about.

Yes, nice lugs. I'm really surprised its a 90's vintage frame with that colour combination. Definitely looks much older. I picked orange because I'm into orange at the moment. I think all of the colours would look fine. Are you thinking of painting the lugs a contrasting colour and lining them as per the current paint scheme or doing something different?

Re:

She is finished for now.
I quite fancy getting some different decals done in a retro scole font maybe, but who knows

Re:

She is finished for now.
I quite fancy getting some different decals done in a retro scole font maybe, but who knows

Back