Can you please help identify this frame?

ianf

Retro Newbie
II've had this frame for years using it as a winter training bike in the mountains in the north of Thailand.
Now its due for a complete make over and restoration but I really don't know who made this frame. Do you?
Its a Columbus steel circa 80s, perhaps late 70s but probably mid 80s.
The BB shell is the patented Cinelli and the fork crown comes from Cinelli too. Other than that a total mystery.
Oh yes! The frame number in two parts is 145 196. The fork/rear ends are Columbus (similar to Campag)
Please, if you have any idea, let me know!!!! Thanks
http://s1272.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 20or%20not

It's a 'Buzz', built in Leeds around 1990 by a guy named Karl Gomersall. I had a lo-pro of his which is now in the ownership of a friend. Her is a photo of the full headbadge.

Attachments

• BuzzLoPro.3.A.HeadDecal.jpg
    BuzzLoPro.3.A.HeadDecal.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 265
Wow! That's it 100%. It's been a really nice frame to ride, but much newer than I thought. I was going to build it with a 1975 Gran Sport Groupset, now I have 2nd thoughts! Is there anywhere I can find the full decals? Many thanks. I've been asking this question on other vintage sites without any satisfactory answer!

ianf":x55tz5wk said:
Wow! That's it 100%. It's been a really nice frame to ride, but much newer than I thought. I was going to build it with a 1975 Gran Sport Groupset, now I have 2nd thoughts! Is there anywhere I can find the full decals? Many thanks. I've been asking this question on other vintage sites without any satisfactory answer!

Should have come here in the first place! ;) Which other ones did you ask on?

I got a full set of decals from Karl via a mutual acquaintance but it took quite a while. I'm not sure if he still has any left. However, I did do a scan of them (justy in case!) so you may be able to get some made from this?

I've been on ClassicRendezvous and Bike forums and elsewhere, can't remember!
But my dilema now is what to do with it. Do I build it with an old groupset or do I try and source (I've got some) early 90s Campag?

Back