Some of my DiamondBack Collection

Re:

Logic.Al":6pa46zdg said:
I had an Axis. Not sure on year. Was True Temper OX tubing it was Orange with black splatter and full XT M09 (I think)

Can someone let me know what year it was?
Just saw this, I believe that's the alternate colour scheme for the 91 Axis. There's been pics of a couple with those colours on here. My 91 Axis is the main colour scheme use (black with white splatter / swirl).

Re: Re:

Neil":30aizzl0 said:
Logic.Al":30aizzl0 said:
I had an Axis. Not sure on year. Was True Temper OX tubing it was Orange with black splatter and full XT M09 (I think)

Can someone let me know what year it was?
Just saw this, I believe that's the alternate colour scheme for the 91 Axis. There's been pics of a couple with those colours on here. My 91 Axis is the main colour scheme use (black with white splatter / swirl).

That would be about right :) There's some seatstays in the right colour in the 91 catalogue. The frame sadly snapped round the bottle cage boss :( Only time I've ever broken a frame and it was my favorite and first real mountain bike. Before that I had a Universal Sierra Nevada which was sh1t to put it bluntly. Didn't stop me riding like it was the dogs though.

??? I have a 93 Axis Pro, a 94 Axis, and a 96 Axis R. Which one do I think is 91, which is 92? Or do you mean Logic.al's that Neil thinks is a 91?

I'm confused :?

Edit: Think I spotted it. Initially I thought my pro was a 91, and although I updated my sig, I forgot to update the initial post. I have done now

JustKev":2znjhtam said:
Hi Tim
The bike you think is a '91 Axis is a '92.
Acksherly, in later photos it's labled a 93, IMO correctly. The 92 brochure is available via the magazine and catalogue scan forum, and the forks (Tange struts on the 92 Pro model) are different plus the paintjob is, too.

FWIW I have a 91 and 92 Axis - although not the Team or Pro models (respectively).

Think you sorted it and Neil is right, it's a 93. I owned every model of Axis from 91-95 - the '93 Axis Pro rode the best, better even than my TT!

I'm about to start rebuilding my 1991 race bike. Frame recently recovered!

Back