More 80's. 1988 Team Stumpjumper revamp.

We_are_Stevo:bw51dsbh said:
All it needs is a basket on the front now... ;)

Actually very much what I have in mind. I sourced a Wald basket for my shopping bike and it's brilliant. It's very likely that the stumpy will get one too for off road wild camping.

Shopping 3 (Custom).jpg

What I'm finding is that once you have a good bike with a practical set up, you find loads of excuses to ride. The more you ride, the easier it is to focus on what you actually need rather than what you thought you ought to have, and the more you look forward to riding. It becomes a virtuous circle. Let's call it barefoot biking.

Admittedly, as someone who was brought up on the idea that an MTB shoud look like a racer, it's a bit of of a leap of faith to go bare foot. My first step was to acknowledge that I'm not a mountain bike racer, nor will I be. Then the scales fell, I ditched the toe clips, the stiff heavy shoes, the long stems, the unecessary gears, the silly brakes; I sold half a dozen other bikes and concentrated on getting the few I need right.

Amen.

Last edited:
:LOL: Excellent reply; though I wasn't 'extracting the urine...'

...my early childhood was spent in Cambridge in the Sixties where you rarely saw a bike without a basket :cool:

Did anyone mention "The Hunt For Red October" ;)

raidan73":3fdg578j said:
Did anyone mention "The Hunt For Red October" ;)

At last! I think I might still have a pair left (not sure if they are fronts or rears though ....) Drop me a PM if you want to claim your prize.

Back