Show us your slick tyred MTBS

I do like this bike when it's decluttered. currently sporting the same vuelta wheels as MrPanda's Kona

singl.jpg

and a back brake!

easier to get out of the frozen snow in the morning...

Scan111520001_zpsf6b55b35.jpg

I ride all my bikes with slicks - I live in London.. Started on Tioga City Slickers BITD (never forget this major life changing experience!).. Then Specialized Fat Boys (see above, Feb 2003 London to Rome).. Nowadays Schwalbe Kojak all the way..

Hard Tail Old School Mountain BIkes with slicks... thats just what i like in the city - for acceleration and general hopping about!

Good Thread - nice bikes..

Edge of the road. Harringworth viaduct, Rutland.

Recently built as a winter bike/commuter. First decent ride on it today. It's an absolute joy to ride too. What with all the flood water and snow melt washing all sorts of crud onto the roads around here, my road bike would've been a slightly worrying prospect. However, the Edge OTR I can just thrash. Which, I suppose, is exactly what it was designed for.

Marge

Attachments

• PicsArt_1361041975112.jpg
    PicsArt_1361041975112.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 839
hamster":tx80t2cb said:
1990 Marin Palisades. Converted to tourer in 1995. Been used as all kinds of things ever since. Respray and extra braze-ons for low-rider racks and guards by Chas May (deMayo).
I find drop bars more comfortable for long rides, and eventually managed to find some Magura HS77 hydraulic levers. The versatility of tyre choice means it can run anything from 1" slicks to 2" knobblies.

Love this bike :cool:

M739 XT rear and modern Acera(i think-might be an Alivio)front. Rear shifting works like a dream, front does not. Needs a proper retro bottom pull mech, with the clamp bolt high up on a long arm. The low pro design makes for an acute angle for the cable to run up from the B/B, and it's a bit sticky. If I leave it in the big ring it's fine.

Marge

Interesting, as I thought road shifters were not a good match with mtb mechs.

I may have to do some experiments with my drop bar project.

Back