NWA regional ride: Gisburn Forest ~ 17/02/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich Aitch":1x7kjto0 said:
I feel particularly unfit, so need to sort this out before the Coniston ride in Spring, which I'm determined to get to. T.T.F.N

Behave Ritch, I'm going so you'll be fine! ;) It's a figure of eight route too so very easy to chop it down to size - you'll be fine. Plus if you give me the nod I can talk bollox at the rest stops and buy you as long as you need... :D

No idea where the nearest station is but I'm sure one of us will run you to/from it to save bumping up the mileage, assuming you're on the train!

While we are getting the excuses in...
I've not ridden for about two weeks and I'm suffering with back, neck and shoulder pain.

I'll still be there though, albeit with no idea of my form and with a completely untested and previously un-ridden bike.
Probably under-slept and hungover too.

Can't wait.

elPedro666":hoq0pn42 said:
Behave Ritch, I'm going so you'll be fine! ;) It's a figure of eight route too so very easy to chop it down to size - you'll be fine. Plus if you give me the nod I can talk bollox at the rest stops and buy you as long as you need... :D

No idea where the nearest station is but I'm sure one of us will run you to/from it to save bumping up the mileage, assuming you're on the train!

Thanks Pete, but it's definitley not a goer now. I decided to clean out my radiators and then drain them this morning and fit new valves to make it work better/ quieter except of course I've damaged one of the copper pipes trying to take the valve off without a second spanner to hold it steady, so until the builders merchant re-opens on Monday and I can get a pipe cutter I've got no heating or hot water... And I'm not going mountainbiking if there's no hot bath to come home to!

Screwfix / B&Q sell pipecutters.
A 1" headset spanner fits 15mm compression nuts quite well I happen to know!

Blumin'eck, the Wildslippers are more Wildsplitters now I've blown them up :facepalm: , don't think I'll risk it. Looks like rockhopper tomorrow, that'll be it's first outing in my hands. If weathers as good as it was today it'll be grand.

Managed a short test ride on tomorrow's choice of bike. Quite a long stem and a stretched out riding position.

I can add a sore knee to my list of ailments.

My bikes ready just, if I'm late I'll just catch up, from the cars are you riding on the fire road until you take a right up into the quarry bit?

Toying with starting a build after tea, think even I might see sense on this occasion and have a TopGear catch up session and an early night instead!

But just in case does anyone have a 26.4mm seatpost I could borrow? ;)

Test rode tomorrow's BSO and the long bars with not much sweep upset my wrist within a few minutes, so got to change stem and bars when I finish work tonight. Also I could do with more than 66% of the brake pad contacting the rotor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back