2001 Marin rocksprings/alpine trail.

ollyb83

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Been a while since i posted a thread on here, so thought i'd do one for my new bike.

Its a 2001/2 Marin full susser, not sure on the model as it didn't have any model decals on it, but i've narrowed it down to either a rock springs or alpine trail.

WP_000068.jpg

WP_000070.jpg

Re: 2001/2 marin full susser

Soon as i got it back to my flat i upgraded alot of bits.

It came with avid v's, full sunrace gearing, fsa crankset with single ring and mech guide.

It now sports deore lx v's, deore front mech, suntour dual/bash, manitou swinger 4-way shock, mavic wheels on giant cartridge hubs, easton ea50 bars and selle bassano seat.

WP_000069.jpg

WP_000071.jpg

and scored his old wheelset with tyres, tubes and cassettes for a good price too.

140220131905.jpg

140220131906.jpg

these are immaculate and spin forever

tomorrow she gets the marzzochi marathon s forks and alex dp20 wheels fitted with some avid juicy 3 brakes.

may even change the gearing to full deore lx shifters/mechs.

and i also have a set of schwalbe rocket ron/racing ralph tyres coming tomorrow, may use them too.

Can I just ask why you have a bumper held on by carbon tape on the seat-tube?

Is it because the shock is too long? Or is the shock correct length but the bumper is just in case it hits frame?
I have 3 different Marin bikes of roughly same year, Wolf Ridge, Wildcat Trail and an East Peak. They are different sizes as they are my wife and daughter's bikes. All have a space of around 5mm between end of shock and seat-tube with shock fully extended. The shocks are 3 sizes, 165mm, 185mm and 200mm i2i.

Only asking as I'd not like you to damage such a nice bike with repeated hits on bumper. :cry:

Its a 190mm shock, there is a small gap, i put the bumper there just in case the shock does hit the frame.

could actually use a 185mm shock, but couldn't pass up on the swinger 4.

Heres how she is now after fitting the marzocchi marathon forks, alex dp20 wheels and avid juicy 3 brakes.

170220131907.jpg

170220131908.jpg

these were taken after her maiden run in this configuration, a good 17 mile blast round clumber park.

Back