Stumpjumper Team 1991

tangent

Senior Retro Guru
ydg3l7.jpg

ydg3lc.jpg

Old school stumpys rule. How have you got it built, spec looks pretty original.

Are the bottom two pictures the same, or is it my eyes :D

Glad to the the now famous bag makes an appearance also ;)

Stumpjumper Team 1991 (repsrayed 1993 with S-Works decals)

:oops: ahh did intend to post pics twice of in a early MBUK singletrack style .

The pictures were taken on the Qnatocks earlier this year. The bike started as Team Stumpjumer in 1991 (with XC Pro). I got it repsrayed (with S-works decals which didn't quite fit the frame tubing!) in 1993 ready for that years Malvern Classic :D Was running Pace RC35s at the time, and the bike contiuesd to see serious use until '98 fininising with a summer in the Alps. The paint work has seen better days now, and the only reminaing Suntour equipment is the seatpost and cranks :!:

Believe it or not , that's the smaller model of saddle bag :!:
Crud guard eyes were added at the time of the repsray (had it built up with grey umma gummas, which looked ace)

really nice . I cant wait to get me dad's bike to be able to ride a stumpy again

thats very nice. I rode specialized from 86-93. I had the grey stumpjumper comp with XT in the same model year as yours. (yours was originally black?). Unfortunately in a massive crash I bent the frame & bought the 1st issue S-works steel. Doesnt yours look like the last issue year S-works steel?

Yeah, it was originally black from a distance (kinda wierd purple up close), at the time it was they were seen in MBUK a lot 'cos Sophie Brookes was riding one ;)

I think '92 S-Works steel frames were dark green, and then in '93 they were burgandy. Mine was a respray to using decals from an M2 in a Ned Overnend style, not that it made the slightest difference at that years Malverns tho' :!:

I really blatently watched sophie brooks get changed before a race once.. it was lush ;D

my mate curly had the 93 burgundy S-works steel. after a respray my other mate tinkas still riding it!

:eek: :shock: :!:

yeah my mate Chris has one those S-Works frames too , he was a bit miffed when I got mine sprayed up in a S-Works stylee. Anyhow it was all tricked out in the mid 90s...but was stripped down to the frameset by bike thieves, oddly they left the frame ...but he's never used it since.
I have still the S-works catalouge for that year, it includes your much sought after S-works Ultimate / Epic.

back in the daze

:oops: images a bit small sorry (1st go with the scanner :? )

Attachments

• SwksAlps.jpg
    SwksAlps.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5,092
  • Sswks_Mineries.jpg
    Sswks_Mineries.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 5,092
Back