Kona humu humu cruiser/klunker summer bike :-)

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have been on the look out for one of these for a few months now, they seem to be quite hard to get hold of! Anyway after collecting several parts and constantly scouring eBay and forums for parts I managed to track down this little beauty! She came all the way from Sweden thanks to a good bloke called Erol (from this forum) I wasn't after a whole bike but it's actually come in quite handy as I have used some of the parts!

It was a little dusty at first but seemed like it hasn't seen much use, anyway, I spent 3/4 hours yesterday stripping it down, full T-cut, removed the chainstay sticker (it was ripped and looked ugly)

Then the build began!
image_zps3db7a003.jpg

Straight out the box

image_zpsb6b58a7d.jpg

Before T-cut, it wasn't that bad to be fair, I just like cleaning things!!

image_zps5a34f21a.jpg

After clean :)

image_zps0dbbc5f8.jpg

Built!

image_zps112208a4.jpg

I will probably get a 36 tooth profile ring as I'm running a 39 at the moment and it's a bit hard, also I had some m739 v brakes which I bought a few months back only to find yesterday that one of the cable pinch bolts thread was damaged resulting in damaging the brake arms :evil:
I can't remember who I bought them off now either hence the tektro v's which were standard on the bike, the modifications I put in place are

Spa cycles leather vintage saddle
Fsa orbit mx headset
Token headset spacers
Hope stem cap
X-lite fly stem
M739 levers
ODI ruffian grips
Schwalbe nobby nic tyres 2.25 I think
DMR chieftain cranks with 39 tooth profile ring
DMR V12 pedals
Odd bullet dust caps and blue water bottle bolts

:xmas-big-grin:

If you want you may be able to get the brake arm repaired with a helicoil?

Nice bike, frame is similar to my Kona. :)

Yeah I would like to use them really, I'll see if I can get them repaired, I might just sell them though as spares or repairs at a cheap price though and get some newer ones!

Any pics of your kona? :cool:

ollyb83":18swipv9 said:
Nice build, looks like a fun summer cruiser.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these some day.

+1. I hear that, it looks like a proper fun bike.

Back