My aluminium bike I made in 1984 ----Plus restoration

frame waight

my frame is back together now,the frame with forks,headset and seat post is 2641 grams, no light weight but after 28 years is still in one piece. :D

Attachments

• frame waight.JPG
    frame waight.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 329
complete frame

The frame was baking in the Australian sun for 2 days so I wet rubbed with 2000 wet paper and then some cutting cream and final wax with my top shelf Auto Glym super resin polish (to expensive to buy I won it at a car show :LOL: )assembled the head set and fork plus the seat post. Not sure of the brand of the forks I bought them about 20 years ago to replace the co mo ones I was using in 1985,my LBS got them in for me, can anyone identify them?

Attachments

• whole frame.JPG
    whole frame.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 326
details

a few closeups.

Attachments

• b braket.JPG
    b braket.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 325
  • drop outs.JPG
    drop outs.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 325
  • seat post.JPG
    seat post.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 325
complete frame

some more close ups

Attachments

• steer tube.JPG
    steer tube.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 322
  • seat stays.JPG
    seat stays.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 322
  • inside bb.JPG
    inside bb.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 322
bike resto

STI cable ajusters mounted on lug. As a side note the outdoor table I took these photos on today is the same one in the construction pictures at the beginning of my thread :D :D in 1984 !!!

Attachments

• derailuers and brakes.JPG
    derailuers and brakes.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 298
  • STI cable ajusters.JPG
    STI cable ajusters.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 298
wasnt happy with the cranks,i am a bit fussy :) found another set on ebay came the other day and they are even better than the photo,next best thing to NOS,not NOS so you dont want to take them out of the box but nice to put on a bike you intend to ride.

Attachments

• almost nos 1 small.JPG
    almost nos 1 small.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 180
put the shifters on the bar and new Cinelli tape,and new brake cables all eBay :LOL:

Attachments

• bars 1small.JPG
    bars 1small.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 180
almost together now,got some feelers out for some NOS Mavic Open 4 CD see how that goes :LOL:
may have to use the modern Open Pro,the rims i have are very worn on the braking area and would detract from bike,its that fussy thing again :roll:

Attachments

• assembly 1.JPG
    assembly 1.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 180
  • assembly 2.JPG
    assembly 2.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 178
Back