Justice?

Alison,

Your beliefs do you credit. And I agree with them. However. NO innocent parties here. On either side.

Scum, PROVEN as scum, baby rapers, torturers, should die..........No?

Isaac_AG":1938x6qx said:
I pay tax and I would rather pay the £40,000+ to keep a murderer in prison with an XBOX than see an innocent person die wrongly because the law got it wrong.
Innocent people die all the time because the law and/or authorities get it wrong, either children poorly monitored by social services like Baby P, or people killed by others who by rights should be in prison for previous crimes.

No system is perfect but people proven to have killed should die. We should have a sort of sliding scale though.

Convicted of stealing three times? Hand cut off.
Clean murder e.g. single gunshot to cheating partner? Lethal injection.
Dirty murder e.g. systematic abuse of a child ending in killing? Public stoning and beheading.

It's one of the things that unfortunately will never happen. Despite tougher punishment and/or the death penalty being popular with voters the pussies in Westminster and especially Brussels have decided we shouldn't have it. They want scum inside to have flushing toilets and the vote ffs.

my opinion is this.
if people who committed crimes like murder & paedohilia etc knew there would be a death sentence,
would that be enough to stop them ?
would it prevent that from happening ?
i would agree with a death sentence myself.
that way if someone chooses to commit such crimes they have basically chosen their own death sentence.
locking someone away & spending what most never earn in a year on them, to me is a criminal act.

videojetman said:
my opinion is this.
if people who committed crimes like murder & paedohilia etc knew there would be a death sentence,
would that be enough to stop them ?
would it prevent that from happenin

NO.
I am not sticking up for anything that this whole thread is involved with. BUT AND I MEAN BUT nonces are classed as they are sick needing treatment need help people????? I cant get my head round it but that is the way the prison system deals with these people they go on courses meet victims etc halleuya the mans fixd? 2 months later he's snached a kid.

These people are sick and will do anything it takes to satisfy there wants.
:facepalm: before I get on 1

PS wont be long when you cant call a nonce a nonce?

technodup":15dr5rbi said:
I don't buy the death sentence as a deterrent argument- doesn't work in the US.

So what if it doesnt? I'd rather have my taxes spent on hostpitals and schools than to keep the lifers alive.

why does the death sentence always have to be about deterrent only? at some point there are people who should no longer exist and their existance or non existance can only be seen a consequence of their action, a prevention of it happening again and some sense of justice to those who were victims of the crime?

02gf74":xnw1dtrm said:
technodup":xnw1dtrm said:
I don't buy the death sentence as a deterrent argument- doesn't work in the US.

So what if it doesnt? I'd rather have my taxes spent on hostpitals and schools than to keep the lifers alive.
:?
technodup":xnw1dtrm said:
Paedos and premeditated murderers should not be fed, watered and entertained at my expense (nor should anyone else but that's another thread altogether). Give them two years on death row for right to appeal and then get them to f**k.

technodup":174761rd said:
Convicted of stealing three times? Hand cut off.
Clean murder e.g. single gunshot to cheating partner? Lethal injection.
Dirty murder e.g. systematic abuse of a child ending in killing? Public stoning and beheading.

There are plenty of countries where such laws apply. They don't tend to rate highly on the list of places you'd actually want to live, though.

technodup":174761rd said:
death penalty being popular with voters

If it were _really_ popular then we'd probably have it. But we don't. So it probably isn't. Just because you're mad for it doesn't mean that the majority of the population is :)

MikeD":33udyao8 said:
technodup":33udyao8 said:
death penalty being popular with voters

If it were _really_ popular then we'd probably have it. But we don't. So it probably isn't. Just because you're mad for it doesn't mean that the majority of the population is :)
http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpubli ... nalty.aspx

Polling is consistently in favour but politicians won't have it. It's one of the things they consider their opinion to be of more value than the plebs. I'm sure most of us would like income tax at 5% but strangely we don't have that either.

Latest posts

Back