1984? paganini super corsa *finished*

Paganini Mistral

Hi Mr Lee, I was blown away when I saw your Paganini! I have a Paganini Mistral with (I believe) original paint and silk screen. I bought it as a frameset only and did a partial restoration. I used Campy Chorus derailleurs, brakeset front. &I rear, 39/53t chainwheel on Campy Chorus crankset, Cinelli stem & bars. The shifters are Campy 10spd Chorus bar-end used in the friction mode. I have messed up hands &they work better for me. Here's where the purest will shine. I hand built the wheelsets using Shimano/DT Swiss/Mavic rims. I like the availability of so many cogs & spacers making it easy to customize the drive train. I have been usingcassette a Shimano 7spd cassette but am switching to a Miche Shimano 9spd cassette set this week. I am using a 10spd chain and it shifts like butter. I'll try to attach photos & if I can't, I'll post them on this sight. Thank you.

Cheers for all the positive comments chaps thankyou, if this damp weather would push away I would crack on with this :( its keeping dry in my bedroom for now ;)

hope the weather breaks for you

I just reread my last posting to you and I really don't like the "autofill" function of this phone. I meant to say regarding the wheelsets, "here is where the purests will shudder". Also, since the last post, I have changed the cassette to a Miche Shimano 10spd minus 1cog. The 10 won't fit on my freehub. The gearing works better on the local terrain. Almost 400 miles on it now. More photos can be seen at "velospace.org". Look for me, Tim Doland or Paganini Mistral. Thanks and have a safe ride! P.s. there is also an '85 Ciocc that looks like my Paganini.

Just to update this thread the pag is finished, I have added paint and give everything a good clean and also sorted the rear brake issue,
sorry for the picture quality,

IMAG0233_zps199ec406.jpg

IMAG0235_zpsa9f7e99c.jpg

cheers,
Lee.

Oh yes, love that. Been following this build for a while.

Colour scheme is really nice - I saw a Paganini with a similar scheme for sale near me a while ago.

I have a Paganini frameset in the man cave that I should really build up soon.

Where did you find the cable stops for the cable routing holes? That's one of the things holding back my own build.

Cheers,

Johnny

The pictures do it no justice, im waiting for some better light and I will upload some more pics,
the stops are 3t jobbies in rubber just to cover the holes, got them off ebay,
cheers,
Lee.

Managed to take some better quality pictures the other day, hope you like it.

IMAG0286_zps6dcfcdb1.jpg

IMAG0288_zps3b74a981.jpg

IMAG0287_zpsd4ea8de7.jpg

IMAG0283_zps375ca34c.jpg

IMAG0282_zps89f36655.jpg

IMAG0284_zps1aa9a117.jpg

I just need to fasten the cables up again and re polish the brake stays,
As much as I would love to join everyone on the gospel pass road ride I think a couple of descent shakedowns are on the calendar first to try and get a feel for her, will update soon,
cheers,
Lee.

Back