i need your help, i want your encouragement/abuse etc!

i haven't updated this in ages and i'm starting to get that 'i hate winter' feeling that makes me look outside and think "i am not going out in that"

so here's a few pics from today, my 22mile training loop in the new forest, i didn't have much trouble convincing myself to go out today, looking at the pics i'm sure you'll see why.

:)

P1090613 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090610 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090607 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090598 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090581 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

thought i'd update this again, it's been a while again.

the last post was in november, and december was a good month riding wise, then a combination of work and sickness got in the way, not to mention some seriously crap weather but with my impending trip to NAHBS and then onto Moab afterwards i want to be in reasonable shape to ride there as it's so iconic to go there with no fitness would just be wrong.

so this last 2 weeks i have been out a bit on the retro beasties, those on FB will have seen a few pics here and there but today is the first of 3 days battering the trail centres, i decided to do this as i'm guessing the trail centres in Wales are probably the nearest type of terrain to Moab, meaning a bit rocky.

so today i did Afan forest, bit of a mess there though at the moment, trees down all over the place including the trail and they're just about to cut most trees down as they are diseased apparently, shame as trees create that slalom felling as you whizz between them not to mention acting as a wind break when high up the mountain.

still a good ride though and i didn't feel to bad on the bike considering the lack of riding in january

todays pic, a newly upgraded ST4, new secktor fork and easton bar/stem. rode really well but then i blew out the rear tyre, it split just before the last down hill :roll: although i did tyre boot it and it got me back to the van ok, frustrating though.

Llandegla tomorrow :D (with a new tyre)

IMG_1139 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

I haven't done much this week, but the wife has asked this evening if we are going on a ride tomorrow. Any suggestions on where to take an unfit newbie out?

Back